GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 rear ended. Is it totaled?

Mr Juicebox

Ready to race!
UPDATE 1: The car is totaled. lots of rear frame damage coming to a total of $17,000.

UPDATE 2: Progressive wrote me a check for $21,000!

Stopped on highway for traffic and guy hit me doing about 40mph. Not that much exterior damage but i'm worried about the frame. Also, the rear doors can't be opened at all.

Check out the C-pillar buckle!

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Doubt it’s totaled. Sucks man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Year? Mileage? Those will be two of three factors (third being repair cost) for whether or not it is totaled. If it's a 2015 with 50k miles, I'm going to say it's totaled. If it's a 2017 with 10k, maybe not. Only your insurance adjuster will know for sure.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
New Floor pan, rear sub-frame, exhaust, C-pillar and maybe roof as it will be twisted. I doubt that will be on the road again.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The C-pillars are creased badly, especially on the driver's side. I believe this compromises the structural integrity of the car. Just ask a reputable body shop. My feeling is the car is totaled because they would need to weld in an entire roof, and I don't know if that's even allowed.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
They didn’t want to total my car. I had to fight for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
Are you and passengers ok?
Car will be what it'll be.

bung

Dude, if you're not doing any kind of part out or something, I'd pay $ for ya to cut me out a section of your hood, right next to the notch so i can get a piece to use as filler for the notch, like a 6inch square or so lol :) lmk

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Year? Mileage? Those will be two of three factors (third being repair cost) for whether or not it is totaled. If it's a 2015 with 50k miles, I'm going to say it's totaled. If it's a 2017 with 10k, maybe not. Only your insurance adjuster will know for sure.

Yup. A guy ran a red light and took the nose off of my 2011 Civic Si when it was barely 18 months old, at first it wasn't a total loss, but once the shop started taking things apart and found frame damage (the big bits under the hood that are part of the unit body), it was game over. But again, this will depend entirely on the shop, the estimator/claims adjuster, and your insurance company's policies.

Hope no one was hurt, and you get a good outcome.