Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
this could have something to do with it:
1680040856959.png

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Is it 100% necessary to use the backing plates that come on brake pads? On one of mine, the backing plate clips no longer secure themselves to the pad.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Is it 100% necessary to use the backing plates that come on brake pads? On one of mine, the backing plate clips no longer secure themselves to the pad.
if you mean the shim it'll probably be noisy as hell if you don't use it. brake lube should help some tho

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
What the…..

Cars been running fine to include this morning. Leaving from a stoplight, car went three-quarter full boost, then boost dropped down and banged 4-5 psi, had stutter, random -17 knock registered on AP, and EPC light came on.

I drove home the rest of the way, keeping it under five psi boost, and it drove fine….no knock, no studdering and no issues at other stoplights.

OBDeleven shows three engine faults but nothing specific. Going to use a generic OBD scanner later, but SEEMED like a fuel cut…. Could that be hpfp related? Bought it used so it’s the only thing that’s changed recently
What’s the word?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What’s the word?
after doing a log and talking with Colby @PowerDemon and Drew (JerseyDrew) about it, my rail pressure drops as it hits high torque...essentially when I'm requesting boost more than 5-10 psi......-5 to -13 knock is being seen across the cylinders and disappears when I let off boost. Everything points to the used hpfp I picked up (only 40k). New hpfp arriving today, installing tomorrow and will relog tomorrow as well.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
after doing a log and talking with Colby @PowerDemon and Drew (JerseyDrew) about it, my rail pressure drops as it hits high torque...essentially when I'm requesting boost more than 5-10 psi......-5 to -13 knock is being seen across the cylinders and disappears when I let off boost. Everything points to the used hpfp I picked up (only 40k). New hpfp arriving today, installing tomorrow and will relog tomorrow as well.
These damn HPFP's... getting one that lasts without some sort of issues seems rare. Hopefully, that solves it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
These damn HPFP's... getting one that lasts without some sort of issues seems rare. Hopefully, that solves it.
no joke. Staying off boost is so.....not right

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
MPI > HPFP mainly because it seems like 1 out of every 3 HPFP fail.. :unsure: :confused:
I take the blame on this one...I should have just ordered a brand new one but tried the "low mileage, so it should be good" route...fml

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Last edited: