GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
https://precisionraceworks.com/products/vw-mk7-mqb-performance-fuel-lines

"If you do not have an aftermarket MPI, then you will need to purchase an additional fitting that is -6 Male Flare to 5/16" hose barb and utilize the rubber portion of your OEM line to finish the connection."

https://www.dbv2.com/collections/mk7-mqb/products/dbv2-mqb-hpfp-cap

Then you could change out the HPFP cap.

And then I guess I'd have to make lines. It's a lot, I get it. Probably not worth it if you're not pushing max power. Was just curious if the fuel lines really only make sense if going MPI

I can just run the PR lines into the stock rubber hose like they suggest and the stock rubber hose remains secured to the stock HPFP cap. Seems to me like upgrading 3/4 of the line and keeping the existing rubber hose to the HPFP still creates a restriction of flow.
yep - why do it if you end up retaining a restriction?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Lower intake temps is the resolution to year around consistency - ie: put the car on drugs 😈
Yep, this is what I was thinking. Seeing numerous high hp builds running meth.

snowmon

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI S
Can someone tell me why I can reach a higher boost when I unplug my wastegate actuator? Sorry for asking this question here but I couldn't find any thread about this issue
I'm having what I thought was a boost leak issue with my 19 GTI S 6MT w/ stock turbo. I installed a new wastegate actuator and was still having low boost issues where it would only go up to 6psi, but when I unplugged it and drove my car, I saw that my car could reach a higher boost with it unplugged. Does this mean I have a stuck/binding flapper arm?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
How often do you need to refill your meth tank?
When I was daily driving the car it was like 1/2 gallon every two weeks maybe - and that’s with dual nozzles setup at 750cc starts spraying at 12psi and full flow at 22+

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
When I was daily driving the car it was like 1/2 gallon every two weeks maybe - and that’s with dual nozzles setup at 750cc starts spraying at 12psi and full flow at 22+
This helps me out as I was curious about the standard 2 or 3 gallon tank, vs upgrading to a 5 gal and whether or not it would be necessary. It's about 5 miles to work and I hardly ever get a chance to open it up along that route.

Shams

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI SE
does anyone know the original price for a 2017 GTI’s Megan Racing Catless DP? since it’s discontinued I can’t seem to find info on it

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
does anyone know the original price for a 2017 GTI’s Megan Racing Catless DP? since it’s discontinued I can’t seem to find info on it
Buddy paid 475 for his I believe.