GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
stage 2 shouldn't be doing that to your brand new clutch unless there's some other issue at work.
you can also completely disable tc on the fly with the accessport. but again it'd be easiest to tell by watching the gear indicator when it happens
Thanks for the help, sorry im very new to this platform and this is my first manual so im still trying to figure it out. Should mention it was very cold yesterday and i didnt let the car or clutch warm up much. as for the gear indicators, I didnt really keep my eye on it but looking at the log from the ap it stayed in gear as the car cut power or clutch slipped. Also I see that i am getting -1.88 knock retard, Should i be worried by this?

17b8eaa076ee946d04f98cd2fe5a36ce.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks for the help, sorry im very new to this platform and this is my first manual so im still trying to figure it out. Should mention it was very cold yesterday and i didnt let the car or clutch warm up much. as for the gear indicators, I didnt really keep my eye on it but looking at the log from the ap it stayed in gear as the car cut power or clutch slipped. Also I see that i am getting -1.88 knock retard, Should i be worried by this?

View attachment 273722

You're going to want to create an account at www.datazap.me

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
Do you have an aftermarket FMIC? Did a charge pipe Blow off? These cars are pretty smart and if you lost boost you would see an EPC light for underboost.
I am running the stock intercooler, the only mods I have is a ie downpipe and awe track cat back

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
Do you have an aftermarket FMIC? Did a charge pipe Blow off? These cars are pretty smart and if you lost boost you would see an EPC light for underboost.
I am running the stock intercooler, the only mods I have is a ie downpipe and awe track cat

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I am running the stock intercooler, the only mods I have is a ie downpipe and awe track cat

You need an minimum of intake and either a FMIC, twin cooler or stock replacement to be stage II.. just want to let you know..

Traction control intervention. Turn it off next time.
Log wheel speed next time to see if its clutch slip or not.

This as well.

I am Stage one APR High torque file on stock clutch for 17k.. there is no way the Southbend should be slipping.

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
You need an minimum of intake and either a FMIC, twin cooler or stock replacement to be stage II.. just want to let you know..

This as well.

I am Stage one APR High torque file on stock clutch for 17k.. there is no way the Southbend should be slipping.
The FMIC will come soon but I live in Canada soo don’t find a huge need for it as my iat sit around 65. As for traction control, to my knowledge it is fully off unless Cobb is overwritten it. I’m not sure how to turn it off in Cobb tho.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Anyone running the Eursport rear chassis brace have any thoughts on it?

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Aluminum naturally forms a protective layer of aluminum oxide.. I had a professor that would complain every time the rust was cleaned off the aluminum shutters in my school....

Will it look better powder* coated? Probably... but from my limited material science knowledge, I would say it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Should I powder coat my aluminum subframe for the northeast weather?
Judging by your sig you enjoy and take care of your car so my thinking is yes. You have other less expensive options to powder coating. Like maybe a simple clearcoat. Or I've used a product called Sharkhide for the aluminum on boats and have always been pleased with the results. Tho it did have to be reapplied every 5 yrs give or take but that's probably due to the environment. Just my .02

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Does anyone here also own a 2020+ Atlas, specifically the Cross Sport? Looking at one, but can’t decide on the 2.0 or the 3.6. I will not be towing, this is for the lady and kids.

Wondering if the 2.0 is underpowered for that chassis.