GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Does anyone know of either of these kits will work to swap out the water pump and thermostat?

Edit: last time I copy and paste in my phone's browser

Last edited:

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
All of these links go to the same kit. If you input your 16 GTI S, then ECS indicates that the kit will fit. You might want to try FCPEURO.COM as they have a lifetime guarantee on what they sell.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
All of these links go to the same kit. If you input your 16 GTI S, then ECS indicates that the kit will fit. You might want to try FCPEURO.COM as they have a lifetime guarantee on what they sell.
Good call on the FCP Euro

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Thoughts? Left to right is 1-4

Attachments

• A92B6543-15A9-4EB1-89D5-935EE52CC0F1.jpeg
    A92B6543-15A9-4EB1-89D5-935EE52CC0F1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
Did you ever get an answer for this? I have rotors and pads as well as a bunch of other small stuff in my cart but didn't even really think about this to be honest.
No one has gotten back to me, I have never ordered from the states so im not sure if the duty fee is a a fixed fee or is just tax you have to pay on top.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Does anyone have the egg on top for traveling? If so, do you like it? How much space is there really?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
what could cause cylinders 2&3 piston heads to look super dirty/nasty and yet cylinders 1&4 are really clean?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
What tire pressures are you guys running? I was doing 37 like it says on the door frame, but noticed the tires wearing out quicker in the center. Lowered it down to 34.5 which resulted in tons of wheel hop throughout most of 3rd and 4th gears

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I run 35 on the street, 25 on the drag strip. No abnormal wear so far.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
What tire pressures are you guys running? I was doing 37 like it says on the door frame, but noticed the tires wearing out quicker in the center. Lowered it down to 34.5 which resulted in tons of wheel hop throughout most of 3rd and 4th gears

For what tires?

https://tiresize.com/pressure-calculator/

Can gather up the inputs and see what's recommended through math equations.