MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

cb1111

It wasn't standard on the GTE.

Hmmmm - but that is one ugly color

Shams

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI SE
Has anyone purchased anything from bmptuning? Saw that a couple of pieces I wanted to add to my MK7 were available there and they accept the "affirm payment plan" thing. Just wanted to know if they are a reliable site.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Has anyone purchased anything from bmptuning? Saw that a couple of pieces I wanted to add to my MK7 were available there and they accept the "affirm payment plan" thing. Just wanted to know if they are a reliable site.

Yes. They're legit and reliable.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
What is the proper key to unpin or de pin the ground on the coils? I received a small pin kit with an interior kit and not sure if it would work

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
how much can i sell dallas wheels with michelin ps4s with 15k miles. 1 wheel has curb rash and two had small scuffs. Could I get $600-500? Not sure what the market is for OEM wheels & tires. thanks in advance

cb1111

how much can i sell dallas wheels with michelin ps4s with 15k miles. 1 wheel has curb rash and two had small scuffs. Could I get $600-500? Not sure what the market is for OEM wheels & tires. thanks in advance
Not much. Tires bring virtually no value because 15k miles really means 25k miles. Check the tread at the lowest point. If it is less than 5/32nds then it is unlikely that anyone will use them.

I can buy a Dallas from a variety of sites from reputable sites in refinished condition for about $200 shipped, so it would have to be far less than that.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Generally speaking unless the tires are brand new...they add no value. You buy wheels assuming tires need replacement soon if not immediately.

If a seller tells me 15k miles I assume 30k of wear and tear without looking at a tread depth gauge.

That said Austin's & Dallas are $2-300 wheels. I've seen people list thier perfect condition Austin/Dallas with tires between 6-800. I've also seen those same listing stay up for sale for months at a time. I assume they eventually dropped the price...or accepted an offer for half thier asking because that's actually a fair price.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Debating buying a JB1. It would only be until I feel comfortable getting a flash tune. Car only has 28.5k on it, plenty of warranty left (even though I haven't had much luck with that). Other consideration is APR+. Not interested in a JB4 , mostly due to all the extra wiring and coming thru the firewall and hogging up the OBD port. I'm not very into tinkering with tunes either, much prefer set and forget. Car is a daily driver so I have been trying to balance performance with comfort and practicality.

I was also looking at that APR throttle tuner.

Basically I just want to spend money.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Debating buying a JB1. It would only be until I feel comfortable getting a flash tune. Car only has 28.5k on it, plenty of warranty left (even though I haven't had much luck with that). Other consideration is APR+. Not interested in a JB4 , mostly due to all the extra wiring and coming thru the firewall and hogging up the OBD port. I'm not very into tinkering with tunes either, much prefer set and forget. Car is a daily driver so I have been trying to balance performance with comfort and practicality.

I can help you with that. Buy me an RS6.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG

I've been running a JB1 @ 5psi/ 93 octane for years and love it. Definitely gives the car an "OEM+" vibe, like it should have been that way to begin with.

You won't be the fastest thing on the road, but you'll like the car even more than you do now. :)

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I bought spacers for my stock wheels (19X8) The spacers came with longer wheel bolts. I have since lost my stock bolts. I am waiting on new wheels 19X8.5 et 45. Will the longer bolts I have work with these wheels?