GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile.
0_k6fNVIOk1QXfgxf0.gif

xeeshhh

Car(s)
VW Golf GT
Hi, I just bought a used VW Golf GT DSG MK7.5 in UK and I've noticed that the backlight of gear knob and parking button on the right side is not working. When I press the button it does nothing. Does anyone has any idea what that button is suppose to do? and also whether the backlight issue is related to fuse or the light itself is broken?

1671104540951.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Hi, I just bought a used VW Golf GT DSG MK7.5 in UK and I've noticed that the backlight of gear knob and parking button on the right side is not working. When I press the button it does nothing. Does anyone has any idea what that button is suppose to do? and also whether the backlight issue is related to fuse or the light itself is broken?

View attachment 268134
If you are talking about that "P" button next to your hand, it should be for the parking sensors.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Possibly, I am not sure how different the UK fuse boxes are, so I would say look at the manual and locate the fuse that relates to that system, so you can check. Common sense however tells me that if the rear sensors are working, then the front ones should too. I highly doubt front and rear sensors are on different circuits, but I could be wrong.

xeeshhh

Car(s)
VW Golf GT
Possibly, I am not sure how different the UK fuse boxes are, so I would say look at the manual and locate the fuse that relates to that system, so you can check. Common sense however tells me that if the rear sensors are working, then the front ones should too. I highly doubt front and rear sensors are on different circuits, but I could be wrong.
Both front and back sensors are working fine when I put it in Reverse gear. However pressing the button does not activate the sensors so that's why I am confused whether the issue is with button itself or the fuse. On top of that the backlights of that button and PRNS is not working as well.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Both front and back sensors are working fine when I put it in Reverse gear. However pressing the button does not activate the sensors so that's why I am confused whether the issue is with button itself or the fuse. On top of that the backlights of that button and PRNS is not working as well.
The button is to disable the sensors when you’re parallel parking. They actively engage when you go into Reverse because the primary use is for that.

The most common need to turn them off is when you have something blocking the sensors like a bike rack on the back of the car.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Has anyone ram a Cobb acessport tune and one of those steering wheels with the digital display on the top? Both require to be plugged into the obd port but obviously we only have one. I was wandering if anyone has done a workaround to have both plugged and functioning at the same time.

Several companies make OBD II splitters so you can plug in multiple things at once. Scosche, P3, and ProClip just to name a few.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Several companies make OBD II splitters so you can plug in multiple things at once. Scosche, P3, and ProClip just to name a few.

I haven’t had any success in splitters and the AP.

Seems the data can only be read by one device. I was trying to use the AP and a separate data logger for racing, and it was a waste of money on the splitter.

Not sure if it’s a issue with our vehicles, the AP, or my track setup.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Yea I know that. Sorry I should’ve clarified what I’d like to know is if it’s possible to have a Cobb accessport and a the module for the steering wheel connected and WORKING/FUNCTIONING at the same time. Because I’m not sure if that’s possible.
Doubtful.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
120 a good price for a dragy?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT