GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I’m getting an adaptive front light error a lot because of my height. Are there extender arms for the sensor module to make this go away?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
In addition to my error above, does anyone know the part number for the grommets to go in this hole in the trunk?
633B730D-FC9B-46AE-BA0B-4112AB9D6C0D.jpeg

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
Something really stupid happened and I'm not sure if it's because of me or some gross coincidence.

Yesterday, I used obdeleven to allow me to use central locking with remote while the engine is running. Today, after a few short trips, the car started dinging and displaying "attention: the engine is running" in the dash whenever the car was not moving. And then, I noticed that the driver's side mirror turn signal was not working, OR it would be actually lit up. And, the driver's side ambient lighting was fully bright, and the switch/handle illumination were both on, with the anti theft LEDs flashing as if the car was parked/locked.

I did a quick search while waiting at a train crossing and saw something about dying keyfob battery.

Anyway, I got to my destination and set the central locking while engine running back to OFF because I don't want to deal with this shit.

It seemed to do the trick for the most part. But now, my driver's side fog light does not work if I pull back on the switch to turn fogs on. It turns on for cornering/turn signals, etc. What the hell? Also, when I left the car in my garage, the driver's side door ambient lighting, etc. was still on for like 15 minutes. I checked on it and then went back inside to grab the other keyfob and when I got to the car the lights were off. Coincidence or not?

I'd imagine a dying keyfob battery would be simple enough to have the MFD display "change keyfob battery" or something... Did I break something with the stupid obdeleven test?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Anyone know how long Sneeky takes to get back on OTS tune revisions?

Dubblue

Car(s)
Vw golf 2.0 tdi nav
Hi need a bit of help again , is it possible to get genuine or after market bushes for rear multilink

Hi need a bit of help again , is it possible to get genuine or after market bushes for rear multilink suspension ?
i know their is polybush and superpro i just want to get genuine bushes as trying to diagnose knocking at the rear since lowering my car i am trying cheapest stuff first then it will be on to the arms which will cost a fortune just trying to knock this on the head as cheaply as possible .

cb1111

I have a weird, not really car related (but kinda) question. Whenever it rains, I get this puddle next to the garage door. The inside of the garage door is dry as is the area between the door and the puddle.

I've tried watering down the door with a hose and everything stays dry inside. I can clean it up, get rid of the stain and the next rain the puddle (and resulting stain) is back.

It has to be coming in under the door but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Any bright ideas?

1669069119745.png

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I have a weird, not really car related (but kinda) question. Whenever it rains, I get this puddle next to the garage door. The inside of the garage door is dry as is the area between the door and the puddle.

I've tried watering down the door with a hose and everything stays dry inside. I can clean it up, get rid of the stain and the next rain the puddle (and resulting stain) is back.

It has to be coming in under the door but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Any bright ideas?

View attachment 266162
Things I would check:
-your car. Any water that might drain after a drive in the rain (sunroof, windshield, etc )
-the ceiling/roof. Never hurts to look straight up.
-the floor itself. If you have a low water table or natural spring, could be coming up through the floor. Duct tape and saran wrap near the point of origin next time it rains will tell you if it's coming from above or under
-the door itself. Any chance it's hollow or insulated and filling with water, then draining onto the floor when you open it?

I doubt it's coming under the door with that lip there.

cb1111

Things I would check:
-your car. Any water that might drain after a drive in the rain (sunroof, windshield, etc )
-the ceiling/roof. Never hurts to look straight up.
-the floor itself. If you have a low water table or natural spring, could be coming up through the floor. Duct tape and saran wrap near the point of origin next time it rains will tell you if it's coming from above or under
-the door itself. Any chance it's hollow or insulated and filling with water, then draining onto the floor when you open it?

I doubt it's coming under the door with that lip there.
Thanks. It really is a headscratcher.
The puddle is there (and turns that dirty color) whenever it rains - even if the car was inside before the rain and the door was never opened.
It isn't coming from the ceiling and it is a solid core door. The floor is coated with polyurea so it can't be coming up through the floor.

Duct tape and saran wrap is an idea.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Thanks. It really is a headscratcher.
The puddle is there (and turns that dirty color) whenever it rains - even if the car was inside before the rain and the door was never opened.
It isn't coming from the ceiling and it is a solid core door. The floor is coated with polyurea so it can't be coming up through the floor.

Duct tape and saran wrap is an idea.
Can you place a timelapse camera (gamecam) at the site?