GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The PDK is actually the better transmission choice, technically speaking. It shifts faster, the gear ratios are better

If I was still doing annoying length signatures, that'd be in it...

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
You guys should all be driving EV's - instant power response, doesn't even need to shift gears bro, launches harder, zero emissions, no need to gap spark plugs. It's a better car, technically speaking. Let's all sell our mk7's for Teslas!!!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I drove the first 992 that arrived in my home town one Saturday when I was there visiting friends, and a planned trip to the Porsche dealer to pick up some parts. They had just so happened to have just pulled it into the showroom, fresh from PDI and detail etc. I pull up in my GTI, wearing jeans, a T shirt and sneakers. Not knowing the new 911 (992) was there, I proceeded to the parts department to pick up my Macan brake calipers. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her, a Dolomite silver 992. I stopped dead in my tracks, and just looked. Curiosity got the better of me and I walked over to take a look. Sales lady walks over and hands me the key, then says "take her for a spin!" So I do, and it was the single most exhilarating car I have ever driven. It was a PDK car and I still remember every second of that test drive. It's just that kind of car, and yes, the car really is THAT good.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I drove the first 992 that arrived in my home town one Saturday when I was there visiting friends, and a planned trip to the Porsche dealer to pick up some parts. They had just so happened to have just pulled it into the showroom, fresh from PDI and detail etc. I pull up in my GTI, wearing jeans, a T shirt and sneakers. Not knowing the new 911 (992) was there, I proceeded to the parts department to pick up my Macan brake calipers. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her, a Dolomite silver 992. I stopped dead in my tracks, and just looked. Curiosity got the better of me and I walked over to take a look. Sales lady walks over and hands me the key, then says "take her for a spin!" So I do, and it was the single most exhilarating car I have ever driven. It was a PDK car and I still remember every second of that test drive. It's just that kind of car, and yes, the car really is THAT good.
What planet do you live on and how can I get a spaceship ride there?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
What planet do you live on and how can I get a spaceship ride there?
I am from the planet Dalkaria, it's about 4 light years from Jupiter at course vector 31.10.38. I look mostly human in appearance but my species has a much slower heart rate, we are immune to what you guys know as lethal injection, and our skin tissue is self healing. We also have mind powers and can make your human species do our bidding, if we wish. Joe Biden is one of us, but was banished some years ago for obvious reasons. Sorry he ended up here on Earth and is now screwing up your civilization. I petition my species to intervene every month.

LOL all jokes aside, the owner knows me and I do side IT work for them, basically ensure their network is safe and secure. Other small things is blocking websites from company owned computers. Mainly social media, so that employees dont get sidetracked. I imagine in a normal scenario, I would not have been offered the test drive, but fact is they know I have been after a 911 for years, and I promised to buy it from them when I am ready.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
1st & 2nd pic is the same ant. I saw one walking on my windshield last night. The biggest ant I have seen byfar in my car. The ones I usually see are tiny. I have seen all types of sizes already. Just placed a plate I got from target for $2. Mixed borax & sugar 50/50 with soda. They seem to go crazy for the spanish sodas. Made like a oatmeal texture. Sprinkled some sugar & borax on top. Now its time to wait.
1B88F184-9584-4886-9239-5AA81A37431E.jpeg
EE70BCA7-52BC-4A8F-91C9-9562FE6C0D45.jpeg

EDIT: its only been like 5-10min I checked on the car and already got some ants feasting on detergent.
478085CA-132C-4289-B370-7906FAB46059.jpeg

Last edited:

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
update. 4 hours later the mixture i made harden. no ants on the shit i set up. I seen 3 chillin by a hole in carpet. Now I kno where their coming from. I threw out the sludge i made and just left sugar and borax mixed on a plate.

Last edited: