^ throwing the baby out with the bath water

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
It won't even go that far.

"oh, you got a 911? SICK!" - everyone

A 911 with a PDK is still a 911...
Valid point, pretty sure it will still say 911 on it. Besides, if I get the manual I am way more likely to misbehave and scare the other half from time to time. She swats me really hard and it hurts lol.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Purchased some dinner for the ants living in my mk7. Gonna do this overnight on the weekend. Hope they like it the meal. Thanks for the advice. I'll try to catch a pic on how many I get.
9BFB9E36-9056-470D-BD88-4B8335F7FCAA.jpeg

Last edited:

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
You do want phone be BT paired to the AAwireless unit. Try unpairing phone BT from head unit/car - I think it get confused when starting the car otherwise. Not sure if true, just my experience. I don't remember the wifi details but I think it walks you thought what permissions to enable during setup. Worst case, you can reset theAAwireless unit, delete and reinstall the app to your phone and try again. This article from the AAwireless support page may help:

https://cpeb.freshdesk.com/support/...evice-never-connects-and-keeps-blinking-green

Thanks. I was able to get it to survive restarts by unpairing the phone to the HU, pairing, and then running through the AAwireless installation procedure. When I start the car, I have to unlock the phone in order for it to pair to the AAwireless and start AA.

I think it got screwed up because I paired the AAwireless with an old firmware version then ran the upgrades. I think it's best to install it, run the upgrades, reset, and start all over.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks. I was able to get it to survive restarts by unpairing the phone to the HU, pairing, and then running through the AAwireless installation procedure. When I start the car, I have to unlock the phone in order for it to pair to the AAwireless and start AA.

I think it got screwed up because I paired the AAwireless with an old firmware version then ran the upgrades. I think it's best to install it, run the upgrades, reset, and start all over.

That seems like it might be a phone bluetooth setting getting in the way maybe? Something requiring the phone to be unlocked to connect to a BT device? Not sure if that's even a thing. Mine will pair with my phone in my pocket, no unlocking required.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD

Check your Android auto settings. Believe there is a slider for connect when locked or something I recall having to uncheck for wired, so I assume it'd apply to wireless as well.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Anybody uninstall the SAI system and have issues? I had a code coded (P0491) out via Eurodyne tune but left the system intact. I recently removed the entire system and put in a block off plate and now I get P2432 VAG Code 21428 (Secondary Air Injection System Airflow/Pressure Bank 1 Sensor Circuit Low) and P2431 VAG Code 17178 (Secondary Air Injection System Air Flow/Pressure Bank 1 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance). I assume these are the 2 plugs that go into the pump (that I removed) and I get a stutter @ 2500RPM, 2nd gear on light steady throttle. No hard codes (other than the 2) and no impact on heavy acceleration. Getting some low RPM misfires. Regapped plugs and still get it. About 7K on the plugs (Brisk Silver ER12). Carbon clean? 49K. PCV?

*edit* Nevermind I’ll just put it back in and see if it happens again.

Last edited:

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Check your Android auto settings. Believe there is a slider for connect when locked or something I recall having to uncheck for wired, so I assume it'd apply to wireless as well.
Thanks. Start AA When Locked was set, but Start AA Automatically was set to Default. I changed it to Always. I'll check again at lunch.

Last edited:

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Obviously you would trade your 20k gti for a 100k porsche lol that doesn't mean the automatic is more fun than the manual equivalent
I've driven a 911 with a PDK a few times, I definitely wasn't bored with it. The PDK is actually the better transmission choice, technically speaking. It shifts faster, the gear ratios are better, and unlike every other automatic on the planet the weight difference between the PDK and the manual is a relative parity. If you are looking to get the most out of your 911 you need a PDK, simple as that.

Having said all of that if I was buying one today I'd get a manual, but that's just because of personal preference. There is absolutely no reason to get a manual over the PDK outside of "I like manuals". Someone else isn't wrong because their personal preference doesn't line up perfectly with your own.

...and yes plenty of people out there will go, you got the PDK? Nice! (because porsche owners don't say SICK since they're usually not 20 years old)

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I've driven a 911 with a PDK a few times, I definitely wasn't bored with it. The PDK is actually the better transmission choice, technically speaking. It shifts faster, the gear ratios are better, and unlike every other automatic on the planet the weight difference between the PDK and the manual is a relative parity. If you are looking to get the most out of your 911 you need a PDK, simple as that.

Having said all of that if I was buying one today I'd get a manual, but that's just because of personal preference. There is absolutely no reason to get a manual over the PDK outside of "I like manuals". Someone else isn't wrong because their personal preference doesn't line up perfectly with your own.

...and yes plenty of people out there will go, you got the PDK? Nice! (because porsche owners don't say SICK since they're usually not 20 years old)
what a long, weird way of saying you agree with me 🤷‍♂️