GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ayyy I haven't seen Raptors in a minute. Those were great $60 tires when I was stock lol

🤣🤣

20221001_224125.jpg

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
And then there are those pinstripes....
Three of them, I thought they were crazy as well, but they were quick and who am I to tell a company they are crazy

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I'm on Raptors as well, because I needed rubber to put on my new wheels. They're fine, though I'm looking forward to the move to DWS06 or PS4S. We'll see though, I may just wind up getting all stupid and buying a nice summer tire, as I'm trying to avoid driving the GTI in the winter.

RT660s have spoiled me, though I'm very curious about the RE71RS.

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'm on Raptors as well, because I needed rubber to put on my new wheels. They're fine, though I'm looking forward to the move to DWS06 or PS4S. We'll see though, I may just wind up getting all stupid and buying a nice summer tire, as I'm trying to avoid driving the GTI in the winter.

RT660s have spoiled me, though I'm very curious about the RE71RS.
I haven't tried the RT660s but I have the RE71RS. They seem to drive a fraction more rigid than the A052 (but I also changed from a 235/45r17 to 235/40r18) but grip just as well. Mind you, I drive 9/10ths every now and again but it's primarily DD, so take my review with an extra grain of salt.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
How long after a fresh paint job do you wait to ceramic coat and ppf a car?

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Got some ants in my car and they don't wanna pay rent. They moved in two months ago when I had left an empty bag of subway with just the wrapper. I left it overnight and found a bunch of ants under the passenger seat. Immediately vacuumed when I seen this. They seem to have gone through the rectangular cut out under the passenger seat. The time I vacuumed them out I would hit the area with my hand and see more come out. I left a $3 ant trap in my car but they didn't budge. I see them walking around the interior almost everyday I have to kill a couple. They ALL hide good as hell! Just last night I purchased a soda from the gas station (canned soda) seen one come out after2-3 minutes and 15-20 min later during my drive home I see a bunch of them . I stopped nearby and started to watch them so I can try to get them all to that one can to throw some out. I was very surprised how many came out. The most I have seen probably about 20-35 ants. Kinda annoying seeing them. My dumb mistake for leaving a left over tuna sandwich in the car. I don't park in the grass, however I do park right next to it. I have seen a couple walking on the driveway. I have had people tell me about bombing the car. I'm not so confident in that since it is my daily. Ant traps look like they can only be at certain temperature and living it south Florida the interior can get extremely how making the trap probably less efficient.

Who can guess how many ants I probably have? I hoping less than 100

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Got some ants in my car and they don't wanna pay rent. They moved in two months ago when I had left an empty bag of subway with just the wrapper. I left it overnight and found a bunch of ants under the passenger seat. Immediately vacuumed when I seen this. They seem to have gone through the rectangular cut out under the passenger seat. The time I vacuumed them out I would hit the area with my hand and see more come out. I left a $3 ant trap in my car but they didn't budge. I see them walking around the interior almost everyday I have to kill a couple. They ALL hide good as hell! Just last night I purchased a soda from the gas station (canned soda) seen one come out after2-3 minutes and 15-20 min later during my drive home I see a bunch of them . I stopped nearby and started to watch them so I can try to get them all to that one can to throw some out. I was very surprised how many came out. The most I have seen probably about 20-35 ants. Kinda annoying seeing them. My dumb mistake for leaving a left over tuna sandwich in the car. I don't park in the grass, however I do park right next to it. I have seen a couple walking on the driveway. I have had people tell me about bombing the car. I'm not so confident in that since it is my daily. Ant traps look like they can only be at certain temperature and living it south Florida the interior can get extremely how making the trap probably less efficient.

Fogged and smoke them out.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ant...ABDw&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp&safari_group=9

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

An easy fix for ants is a 50/50 mix of borax and sugar.

Put something shallow, like a coffee can lid, upside down on the floor of your car. Put some tape under it, so it doesn't slide around. Then mix some borax, sugar and water into a consistency akin to runny oatmeal (or any other gross runny substance your mind wanders into). The ants are drawn to the sugar and the borax kills them, but not before they drag it back to their nest that kills the rest of them.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

windows up.....set off a fog bomb

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I would do either a liquid bait or the borax mixture mentioned above. If you do decide to fog remember you need to air out your car for a few hours, and be sure to run the ac when you're airing out.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Just had a dealership decline a warranty repair for a failed slave cylinder due to the car having a locking subframe collar kit. Should I just take it to Tyrolsport for a clutch upgrade? Please pick one.

□Yes
□Yes