GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Any reason to do an oil change after a carbon cleaning?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Are our rear control arm bolts reusable or one time use?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
And it came back on the 2nd drive... maybe I didn't apply enough? didn't let it sit long enough? 🤔
Day 6: No squeaking 🤷‍♂️
Little bit of noise when braking though. I think I didn't use enough the 1st time, especially around the clip areas. Will re-apply this weekend and do the other brakes as well since now I know it works

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Are our rear control arm bolts reusable or one time use?

A good rule of thumb is any suspension related bolt is one time use.

serozEa211WAG

Car(s)
Sportwagen mk7
Hi all

So this is more of a couple of "Stupid Questions" anyways here it is:

I drive a 2017 Golf Gt Variant/Sportwagen/Estate (as its all the same name for the same car) R line TSI and i live in Scandinavia where it came out just before the facelift version was launched.
Ive done some work to upgrade stuff to facelift standards and my latest project is the Valeo Led Taillights.

I wanted to ask if anybody has upgraded their estate/Wagon/Variant to euro LED taillights? All info i find when looking for install instructions is for hatchbacks and always for the North American region.
The different aftermarket sellers of taillight harnesses needed to make the new Taillights to work only give instructions for North American Customers and specify that "This Harness and its coding instructions will only work for North American Golfs using our specific Taillights and harnesses"...

I cant understand from the information ive found on this topic why the coding and the harnesses sold from all the big VAG aftermarket vendors would not be the same regardless to what region in the world im living in? Ive email several of them but they say they have no idea if it would work since they only have tested their harness to specificly NAR cars.

but as long as its a mk7 Golf with stock halogen upgrading to mk7,5 the install and coding would be the same correct? Or am i wrong here? Is there anybody that can explain this abit deeper?
I did a dry run of the coding in Odb11 to see if the method and the original factory adaptation/long coding would be the same as ShopDaps Youtube install and it was.

Can anybody tell me a bit more on this topic and if anybody has a printed or good Long Coding guide that would be awsome.

Im waiting for the Adapter harness to arrive any day now and im ready to do the install when its here.

The Taillights im installing is the non sequential Valeo LEDs with production nr: 5G9945093H

Thanks in advance for any information that can help me clear this for me would be greatly appriciated.
/ Calvin

Attachments

• 20220927_181954.jpg
    20220927_181954.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 20

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Finally getting my rims installed off with the old...
20221001_133739.jpg

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Ayyy I haven't seen Raptors in a minute. Those were great $60 tires when I was stock lol

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R