GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Maybe I'm getting old, but as I was driving home from work yesterday, I was asking myself "what other car would I rather have (that is sold in the US) and I couldn't think of anything. The Alltrack SEL has all the electronic gizmos and everything is mature enough to work as intended. It has plenty of power for day to day driving and has plenty of storage.

While there are plenty of cars that would be nice to have (track car, Land Cruiser, Miata), I really can't think of another car that I'd want for daily use.

What would you get as a replacement for your one and only car?

I’ll jump on this: there are a few out there that i like- an SE-R line Tiguan is one of them. Tune, lower, FBO and move on. Yota TRD- Pro Tacoma supercharged or an SR5 4 Runner. Kicks and giggles, overnight a FD from Japan 😅

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I researched this, and i know the performance monitor does not count for atmospheric pressure of 14.7, but is this normal at idle? I swear it always read 0.0.. that means my vacuum at idle is ~10-11.. i read somewhere that it should be closer to -15-18? Am i just Being paranoid?😅
i checked for vacuum leaks and didn’t hear or see anything at first glance. Thanks In advance who can respond.

Attachments

• 51029DE1-82D5-4FAD-80C1-7B76AA2C1922.jpeg
    51029DE1-82D5-4FAD-80C1-7B76AA2C1922.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I researched this, and i know the performance monitor does not count for atmospheric pressure of 14.7, but is this normal at idle? I swear it always read 0.0.. that means my vacuum at idle is ~10-11.. i read somewhere that it should be closer to -15-18? Am i just Being paranoid?😅
i checked for vacuum leaks and didn’t hear or see anything at first glance. Thanks In advance who can respond.
Vacuum of 10-11 sounds normal, that's what mine is on my AP

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

cb1111

I’ll jump on this: there are a few out there that i like- an SE-R line Tiguan is one of them. Tune, lower, FBO and move on. Yota TRD- Pro Tacoma supercharged or an SR5 4 Runner. Kicks and giggles, overnight a FD from Japan 😅
Yeah, I almost bought a Land Cruiser before I bought the Alltrack (I had found a left over new 2018), but the size and gas mileage (or lack thereof) made me reconsider. It also had ancient tech - which made it bulletproof.

Quite frankly, I never realized how useful Android Auto is until I started using it. I don't think I've used the built in Nav once we got our new phones where AA actually works as intended.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah, I almost bought a Land Cruiser before I bought the Alltrack (I had found a left over new 2018), but the size and gas mileage (or lack thereof) made me reconsider. It also had ancient tech - which made it bulletproof.

Quite frankly, I never realized how useful Android Auto is until I started using it. I don't think I've used the built in Nav once we got our new phones where AA actually works as intended.

Wait until you get one of the wireless adapters, and AA just automatically starts when you get in your car.

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I love AA/CarPlay. I still use wired because I like the charging aspect, but man.. so convenient, and much safer for navigation than me looking down at my lap to the phone screen.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
what would happen if we put a muffler on the GTI from a non-turbo vehicle. Let's just say for shits and gigs... a magnaflow meant for a mustang?

I've read stuff suggesting turbo vs non turbo exhaust, they are built differently, flow differently ,etc.

Is this a real "backpressure" discussion?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
what would happen if we put a muffler on the GTI from a non-turbo vehicle. Let's just say for shits and gigs... a magnaflow meant for a mustang?

I've read stuff suggesting turbo vs non turbo exhaust, they are built differently, flow differently ,etc.

Is this a real "backpressure" discussion?
Turbos act as a muffler so it would be quieter than an NA engine with the same muffler. Not sure how it would effect performance, probably less responsive

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Anyone run rutheniums on a Sneeky tune? The email I got suggested Brisk ER12s gapped @ .020 - .022 but I just put these ruths in like 1,500 miles ago and she’s been running well. If I have to go with the Brian’s so be it

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Anyone run rutheniums on a Sneeky tune? The email I got suggested Brisk ER12s gapped @ .020 - .022 but I just put these ruths in like 1,500 miles ago and she’s been running well. If I have to go with the Brian’s so be it
How's the Sneeky tune compared to EQT?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S