GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
For those with a Sneeky OTS tune: on the page for the tune, it asks for an upload of a COBB OTS file. Is it just wanting the base COBB files that come with the AP?

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
For those with a Sneeky OTS tune: on the page for the tune, it asks for an upload of a COBB OTS file. Is it just wanting the base COBB files that come with the AP?
If your currently running a Cobb OTS tune you would send him that file via Email. If not just the Cobb AP number and address your not running any Cobb OTS tune.

Here's a link Sneekytune posted on how to send info he needs.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
If I add MPI can I make moar power? Hybrid turbo. Stock fuel/sensors. 92 Octane, no E.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
why tf do my ebc red pads squeak so damn much? they have ~3k miles on them so well past the break-in period. will be taking the wheels off tomorrow to check em but don't expect to find anything

Last edited:

Coach Beard

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I've had my GTI S for 5.5 years now. It has 113k on it and I'm super on top of maintenance. No tune, the only "performance" mod not related to suspension or brakes is a catback Borla exhaust.

The last couple of months I feel like there's a weird power lull or... how do I explain it... around 1700-2000RPMS it feels like a hesitation or a lull or a dip in the power that didn't used to be there. I put in new spark plugs and it's the same. There are no codes via OBDEleven and VCDS. I did a walnut blast service about a year ago as well.

What should I look at? What could this potentially be? The RPM's don't move like a slipping clutch would, nothing appears to be wrong but it is like a feeling that is there. Almost as if I press on the gas more and it doesn't react in the normal amount of time... I guess that is another way to describe it.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Got a jar of this stuff from O'Reilly and applied to the back of the brake pads and the obnoxious squeaking is now completely gone. Two thumbs up.
Half a bottle for half the price would've been nice though, this stuff will last me the next 5 cars I own

1664045909035.png

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Got a jar of this stuff from O'Reilly and applied to the back of the brake pads and the obnoxious squeaking is now completely gone. Two thumbs up.
Half a bottle for half the price would've been nice though, this stuff will last me the next 5 cars I own

View attachment 261447
I may have to follow suit and pick some of this up. I changed my pads and rotors out fairly recently and I have noticed they like to squeak a bit with the cooler temps.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

View attachment 261447
And it came back on the 2nd drive... maybe I didn't apply enough? didn't let it sit long enough? 🤔

cb1111

Maybe I'm getting old, but as I was driving home from work yesterday, I was asking myself "what other car would I rather have (that is sold in the US) and I couldn't think of anything. The Alltrack SEL has all the electronic gizmos and everything is mature enough to work as intended. It has plenty of power for day to day driving and has plenty of storage.

While there are plenty of cars that would be nice to have (track car, Land Cruiser, Miata), I really can't think of another car that I'd want for daily use.

What would you get as a replacement for your one and only car?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Maybe I'm getting old, but as I was driving home from work yesterday, I was asking myself "what other car would I rather have (that is sold in the US) and I couldn't think of anything. The Alltrack SEL has all the electronic gizmos and everything is mature enough to work as intended. It has plenty of power for day to day driving and has plenty of storage.

While there are plenty of cars that would be nice to have (track car, Land Cruiser, Miata), I really can't think of another car that I'd want for daily use.

What would you get as a replacement for your one and only car?

Nothing under $60k.