GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
It's definetly a kei car but I'm by no means an expert on them.

Daihatsu Mira maybe?

1663186499935.png

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I’ve never seen that ⬆️ Before - wonder how to drives Lmao 😂

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Toyota Starlet GT maybe? I want.
starletGT.jpg

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Can I install 4 Bar PUT sensor without a tune?

I was doing some exhaust work, while under the car I installed power flex dog bone insert and installed the 4 Bar PUT sensor. I'm doing my MPI next week and plan to update my tune with all the new upgrades after.

Right now, My EPC light is on, car on Limp mode, code is saying sensor. I thought my current tune would be able to communicate with new 4 Bar sensor and run no issues? Am I wrong?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Can I install 4 Bar PUT sensor without a tune?

I was doing some exhaust work, while under the car I installed power flex dog bone insert and installed the 4 Bar PUT sensor. I'm doing my MPI next week and plan to update my tune with all the new upgrades after.

Right now, My EPC light is on, car on Limp mode, code is saying sensor. I thought my current tune would be able to communicate with new 4 Bar sensor and run no issues? Am I wrong?
You have to rescale for the upgrade sensors in the tune.

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf
I called my local APR dealer today for quote on install of APR stage 3 IS20 tune.... retail online says 500$..I imagine 1-2hours of labor (150-200$ more) but I was quoted 975$ to software flash a tune...
Does this seem normal? I feel like they are doubling their margin on this.

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I called my local APR dealer today for quote on install of APR stage 3 IS20 tune.... retail online says 500$..I imagine 1-2hours of labor (150-200$ more) but I was quoted 975$ to software flash a tune...
Yeah I'd inquire what you're getting for $975... OTD cost should be cost of tune (plus taxes) and one hour of labor. You'll need new spark plugs, too, so maybe they're billing for plugs and labor on that? Either way, too much.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Seems steep- they could be charging for how long it takes their specific shop to do the tune?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Do you have an auto or manual? Maybe they mistakenly included the cost of a TCU tune? If that's actually what they're charging for just an ECU tune, it's way too much.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
Hi! This is a stupid question and rant. My MK6 and its cargo net was easy to hook up everywhere. This MK7.5, I cannot find top anchor points or whatever to hook the net at the rear end of the hatch. Also, the MK6 cargo net was like doubled over and had a zipper where you could put shit inside the net. Did I really pay this much money for a stupid net without zipper compartment?