GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Quick question - is there a difference between master cylinders in a PP/non-PP car? APR support is saying there is...but I don't ever recall hearing that before.
Same part number across the MQB's. Even the RS3 uses the same brake master cylinder. - 5Q1614019ADREP

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Same part number across the MQB's. Even the RS3 uses the same brake master cylinder. - 5Q1614019ADREP
That's what I believed. Maybe APR was lookin in the wrong place, because they had two MQB BBK's and discontinued one. Not sure which I'm getting, will try to see if there's a way to measure piston sizes for it.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Anyone have any experience with a static U105400 code in the Engine module? Showed up after I briefly disconnected the MIB brains in the glovebox. Re-seated all the connectors, got everything back in, but it just won't clear (at least with OBD11, don't have access to VCDS unfortunately.)

IMG_3329.PNG

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Normal for a 20 min drive? I think I felt one of these when I was passing someone at near highway speeds in 4th gear. Plugs are OEM, 11k mi old on stage 1, gapped to APR specs. The higher count on #2 makes me think… maybe it’s time to swap them out? No CEL or codes.

306B39E0-9859-4EA7-9863-EA700CE57492.jpeg

Last edited:

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Normal for a 20 min drive? I think I felt one of these when I was passing someone at near highway speeds in 4th gear. Plugs are OEM, 11k mi old on stage 1, gapped to APR specs. The higher count on #2 makes me think… maybe it’s time to swap them out? No CEL or codes.

View attachment 258060

Yeah dude, I’d def swap them out. I’ve changed my plugs 2x already since being tuned with APR