GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
This. Those people are smoking crack with those prices
Yup the pricing seems crazy, but they aren’t even just loose “asking” prices. The market has shown that there buyers for them in those price ranges (other than the HPA extreme build)

… mk4 r32s are very desirable and just keep going up in value as time goes since they are waaay past the depreciation window. (Msrp new was 29k!)

861F714D-2F14-43F6-8FC4-0DAF80EFB2F5.png

Even low mile GTIs with the 2.9 and the 1.8T have caught some alarming numbers over the last year.

C9EF2965-7E00-460A-B724-3F1B2FF09EC5.jpeg

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
What engine/trans mounts should I get? I’ve seen BFI tossed around a lot, CPE as well, anyone have experience with both?

cb1111

It was super abused. The exhaust was crooked, probably from the dirty swap before selling it. It was melted into the aftermarket diffuser on the back. Thing had 190000 miles on it. Dealer just didn't respond when I asked for maintenance records lol.
How much do they want?

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
What engine/trans mounts should I get? I’ve seen BFI tossed around a lot, CPE as well, anyone have experience with both?
What platform? What stage of tune?

I have the BFI Stage 1 kit on a Stage 1 car. It took about 5K miles for everything to smooth out. Starting from a stop in first (DSG) and reverse are still not great. Otherwise, they're stock-like and the car puts power down so much better.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
What platform? What stage of tune?

I have the BFI Stage 1 kit on a Stage 1 car. It took about 5K miles for everything to smooth out. Starting from a stop in first (DSG) and reverse are still not great. Otherwise, they're stock-like and the car puts power down so much better.
It’s a MK7 GTI. I’m only stage 1 but I’ll be Vortex XL by this time next year. Still trying to leave the car relatively streetable. Did you get the full transmission mounts? Or did you get the insert?

Coach Beard

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
It’s a MK7 GTI. I’m only stage 1 but I’ll be Vortex XL by this time next year. Still trying to leave the car relatively streetable. Did you get the full transmission mounts? Or did you get the insert?
I got the full kit. Engine, transmission, dogbone. No inserts. When I do the DSG and Haldex service I'll check the torque on the mounts, since the battery tray will be out.

There are plenty of guys here running the same mounts and they didn't tke anywhere near as long to break in. 🤷‍♂️

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Thats aggressive.
Yea, you can get one with less than half that mileage for less. Keep in mind, those pictures tell you nothing. The diffuser on the back is falling apart, the exhaust is crooked and melted into it. Every wheel is rashed and fucked up. It has some cheap walmart tires on it.