GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Yeah, that sound. I had one for a couple of years and loved. I regret selling it. Mine was rock solid.

You'll want to check that car closely to see what all has been molested. It has the updated grill, but somebody has messed with that.
It was super abused. The exhaust was crooked, probably from the dirty swap before selling it. It was melted into the aftermarket diffuser on the back. Thing had 190000 miles on it. Dealer just didn't respond when I asked for maintenance records lol.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
The stock LPFP duty tables will allow it to request a duty that will make the motor request amperage beyond that of the controller and ruin the controller.

Mind blown 🤯 what!?! I’ve never heard of this until now.. back on the day you could swap injectors from stock to bigger cc, the only disadvantage would be you would dump fuel until it was tuned.. seems like the LPFP is much more than just a pump. These cars really are too smart for their own good.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
It was super abused. The exhaust was crooked, probably from the dirty swap before selling it. It was melted into the aftermarket diffuser on the back. Thing had 190000 miles on it. Dealer just didn't respond when I asked for maintenance records lol.
There was a 2008 R32 in blue, almost 91k miles on it, for $8,500 on FB Marketplace I saw this morning.
In Caledonia, Michigan

Seemed like a fair price. Black grille & had MK6 Detroit wheels on it too

Reactions: the

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
There was a 2008 R32 in blue, almost 91k miles on it, for $8,500 on FB Marketplace I saw this morning.
In Caledonia, Michigan

That's an incredible deal. Assuming it's already sold unless like, the entire transmission is in the back seat or something.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
In Caledonia, Michigan

Let's be honest. That's because nobody wants a 2008 R32.

People want a 2004 R32.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Let's be honest. That's because nobody wants a 2008 R32.

People want a 2004 R32.
good luck finding one that isn't a hack job now.....you need to find the unicorn of a one person owner, garaged and low miles......and knows nothing of VWs.....much like my dad who had a MKIII VR6 GTI, manual, 57k miles and original everything. I still kick myself for not buying from him.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Wow. Had no idea these was so expensive !!!!
Screenshot_20220803-125718_Chrome.jpg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Wow!!!!!!!!

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
that silver car is one of the most famous MK4 R32 builds. full HPA build, in lots of magazines, only 5k miles, etc. It's a show car.

MK4's with less than 100k miles can bring in anywhere from $20-$40k. Over 100k miles usually see between $15-$25k. All depending on condition, mods/unmodded, mileage, and color. Deep Blue Pearl, despite being most common color, is generally the most wanted color.

MK5's can sell for anywhere from $5-$20k. Less than $10k isn't uncommon. Not nearly as desirable as MK4's.

Here's mine :cool:

3601024_25.jpg