GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
Back to stock, REV-C, works as intended after its 6 year 70k mile break.
The piston o-ring was turned to dust. So in solving fake problems I may have inadvertently created real problems 🤷🏼‍♂️

See me over in BST if you too want to spend a few years chasing weirdness 😂

Attachments

• 164BD3B2-0465-47F9-B3FA-524A791E9585.jpeg
    164BD3B2-0465-47F9-B3FA-524A791E9585.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • F5778756-8D79-4C8B-9803-7AA9D9A4A7D9.jpeg
    F5778756-8D79-4C8B-9803-7AA9D9A4A7D9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
There's an 08 R32 for sale near me. What's the opinion on the DSG from that year? Is it worth owning, or is it a manual only kind of experience?

Attachments

• PXL_20220731_163220686.jpg
    PXL_20220731_163220686.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 56

cb1111

There's an 08 R32 for sale near me. What's the opinion on the DSG from that year? Is it worth owning, or is it a manual only kind of experience?

08s only came in DSG. Gotta go a Gen earlier or later for manual in the Rs. R32s or R20s are a good choice, hold their value well and can't beat the vr6 sound.

If looking for manual and R32 need a Gen 4 or 04. The MK6 and 7s are 4 bangers.
Yeah, that sound. I had one for a couple of years and loved. I regret selling it. Mine was rock solid.

You'll want to check that car closely to see what all has been molested. It has the updated grill, but somebody has messed with that.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Will my Pag Parts LPFP work without a tune, yet?
IMG_20220719_182635.jpg

Looking to install all my fuel mods on my relief days one by one as I have time this month and get my tune updated once all is done. That's LPFP, Upgraded fuel lines, MPI and ethanol kit.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Mileage and price? (i.e. is it a good buy?)

Not the quickest, but it's 4motion and they ground great with the VR6. Hold their value okay too.
Mods are limited because it's N/A.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Will my Pag Parts LPFP work without a tune, yet?
View attachment 257040

Looking to install all my fuel mods on my relief days one by one as I have time this month and get my tune updated once all is done. That's LPFP, Upgraded fuel lines, MPI and ethanol kit.
if you just want to drive normally it's fine. Don't go beating on it though.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I couldn’t find the I’m an Idiot, help me thread so here I am:

I am new to wrenching and just changed my plugs for the first time a few weeks ago. After about a week, I totally realized that I made a huge mistake and I way over torqued the plugs.

I am going to take them out to inspect them. What should I be looking out for? If they look good, it should be ok to reuse them right?

I’ve read so many stories lately of plugs breaking and causing issues that I am kind of paranoid about it and worried about the integrity of the plug. Hopefully I didn’t damage the threading on the block

Nothing you an do now. Leave them alone. Next time use an appropriately sized torque wrench.
kinda late to this.

I would remove/reinstall under the thought that after time stuff gets harder to remove.

Diggs wrenches on cars more than I do but I work on machines every day

Mud

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
if you just want to drive normally it's fine. Don't go beating on it though.

So i have a better understanding- why would beating up on it with upgraded fuel system be harmful if it’s still the stock tune? Your replacing stock parts with better parts that just deliver fuel based on ECU demands