GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

So supposedly that was part of the major update to OTS tunes in v2.0 tunes back in April of 2020. After that, I never had the issue on my is20, but it happens every now and then on my is38 tune from them too.

https://eqtuning.com/apps/help-center#hc-eqt-staged-tune-change-log

That was the reason I switched from APR to EQT. My APR tune had that part throttle stumble at @ 3k rpms.
So Dave got back with me…sort of….I haven’t changed anything

“Hey Scott,

If you have access to VCDS or OBD11 you may want to see if your Throttle mapping settings have been changed at all. We highly advise against it being changed while tuned.
-Dave”

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
anyone running GFB upgraded DV?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Don’t.

I ran it on mine to test cause i already had the part from my mk6. Zero discernible difference.
AJ

Think my OEM is failing though…. Couple other folks experiencing the same thing. I started a thread in the EQT FB site and it points to my DV crapping out

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
“Hi, every single tune we offer already addresses these things as much as it can be via software. Anything else beyond that would be hardware.”
-- EQT Customer Support

🙄 The chance of there being an issue with the DV or WG on my less than 5k mile old turbo is low. If this is something that they’ve done their best to eliminate via software, but is still going to happen every now and then due to the size of the turbo or whatever, I wish they would just say that. That would be consistent with the response I’ve seen them give others after eliminating software and hardware issues.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
“Hi, every single tune we offer already addresses these things as much as it can be via software. Anything else beyond that would be hardware.”
-- EQT Customer Support

🙄 The chance of there being an issue with the DV or WG on my less than 5k mile old turbo is low. If this is something that they’ve done their best to eliminate via software, but is still going to happen every now and then due to the size of the turbo or whatever, I wish they would just say that. That would be consistent with the response I’ve seen them give others after eliminating software and hardware issues.
yeeeeeah.......I could buy it's my DV....tuned on it for 30k, but what I'm seeing on their FB site and in my local club....I'm not so sure it's hardware related.

BIGTom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I couldn’t find the I’m an Idiot, help me thread so here I am:

I am new to wrenching and just changed my plugs for the first time a few weeks ago. After about a week, I totally realized that I made a huge mistake and I way over torqued the plugs.

I am going to take them out to inspect them. What should I be looking out for? If they look good, it should be ok to reuse them right?

I’ve read so many stories lately of plugs breaking and causing issues that I am kind of paranoid about it and worried about the integrity of the plug. Hopefully I didn’t damage the threading on the block

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Why are my brakes squealing only in reverse? 12k miles on the car.
Front, rear or both? Guess would be improperly seated shim allowing the pad to shift

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
Stupid question I’m sure I know half the answer to 🙄.

I’ve been running a DV+ for quite a while, I’ve oiled it here and there, seems to do what it’s supposed to do. Recently I had a loaner car (tuned track A3) with a stock DV and that’s when I finally came to realize that the DV+ seems to anyway be a solution in search of a problem. Ya ya i know i’ve been reading that for 6 years lol.

Question: I have my OEM DV parts, they have about 5K on them. Did the newer revisions change anything or as long as it’s a functional plunger type I should be good? Thinking of swapping in my old one this weekend or getting a newer rev for next weekend.