GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I doubt that's full E85. E85 needs to state it's E85. Grab a tester and find out.
Diggs…it is here in VA. I read 79-83 every time I fill up
B84A4EB1-49ED-4BAE-A586-A4653E7DD8BD.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I doubt that's full E85. E85 needs to state it's E85. Grab a tester and find out.

It's technically E85. That's a Sheetz gas station. Their "Flexfuel" is rated for 51% - 83% ethanol, varying pump to pump, which is the same range as E85. It's just their branding that they don't label it E85.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's messed up. Ours say E85 so there's no confusion.

To reduce confusion even further, our state doesn't have E85 at all :(

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
$5.06 for 93?!?!?! Paid 5.44 yesterday with my 25¢ off from T-Mobile…
So I switched to T-Mobile recently and have been trying to figure out how to get my discount at Shell. How does that work?

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
So I switched to T-Mobile recently and have been trying to figure out how to get my discount at Shell. How does that work?
First - set up a Shell Fuel Rewards account and download the app
Second - download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app
Then every Tuesday open the Tuesdays app and claim your bonus discount, apply to your fuel rewards account (there’s a button in the Tuesdays app that will take you into the FR app)
Go to the gas station and piss your paycheck away!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
What are everyone’s current thoughts on pairing a RocEuro arm with a Powerflex yellow hybrid bushing and BFI stage one motor and transmission mounts?
Roc Euro + hybrid yellow = lovely solid but limited NVH

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Roc Euro + hybrid yellow = lovely solid but limited NVH
Good deal. I have the RocEuro arm on the way and I am looking forward to getting it installed. The NVH from the bushing and mounts isn't too bad (same as everyone else: NVH in reverse and with the AC on), but if this cuts down on it will be worth it. Oddly enough, I seem to notice it way more than my passengers do.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Good deal. I have the RocEuro arm on the way and I am looking forward to getting it installed. The NVH from the bushing and mounts isn't too bad (same as everyone else: NVH in reverse and with the AC on), but if this cuts down on it will be worth it. Oddly enough, I seem to notice it way more than my passengers do.
Likely because you're feeling it through the steering wheel and pedals, where passengers have nothing but the seat. IMO BFI Stage 1 + Powerflex hybrid (yellow) is too mild, but I'm not about to spend for stage 2 only to hate myself later on. I can live with a little slack to not have the car feel like it's a 90's shitbox.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
sooo any newer car can run this?
technical answer is that they are designed to be able to run on that (check inside of fuel door/owners manual) by people who will not expect much performance out of their turbos/engines. If you have no tune, bone stock, you should technically be able to throw that in and get from point A to point B.

Now the discussion of how well forced induction likes low grade fuel is another thread altogether.