GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

cb1111

Can you disable the auto parking brake "feature" that happens when you open the door while the car is moving? Sometimes I like to open my driver side door a little as I back into spaces and the car immediately stops.
After Anton Yelchin was crushed by his Jeep in 2016, manufacturers started added these interlocks.

Quite simply, the car shouldn't be moving with the door open. I've seen far too many accidents, where the door got damaged because the driver forgot how far it was open.

Doesn't your car have a backup camera?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
So the car takes the trans out of rev/drive and turns on the parking brake?

LOL better hope that sensor never faults while you're driving

or what if you do that thing when the door isn't fully closed so you open it while you're rolling

i assume it only happens under ~8 mphs, so try parking faster? lmao

videoman

Passed Driver's Ed
every one of my golf 7 switches had gone bad. I opened 3 single doors one and every one had deposits on them, cleaning one as u see re pic, took off the copper track it was that bad. But the reason for this post, i have a stubborn front passenger window, re not auto up and down. So i replaced the master drivers 4 switch unit. all worked great, or so i thought. Seems totally at random on each of my journeys the window auto works "if it wants to" , i've tried resetting etc, still doenst work, then next time i get in the car, even if its after going into supermarket or the next day, the auto bit works. any ideas?

Attachments

• 20220607_142226.jpg
    20220607_142226.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220518_122012.jpg
    20220518_122012.jpg
    775.6 KB · Views: 47

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
every one of my golf 7 switches had gone bad. I opened 3 single doors one and every one had deposits on them, cleaning one as u see re pic, took off the copper track it was that bad. But the reason for this post, i have a stubborn front passenger window, re not auto up and down. So i replaced the master drivers 4 switch unit. all worked great, or so i thought. Seems totally at random on each of my journeys the window auto works "if it wants to" , i've tried resetting etc, still doenst work, then next time i get in the car, even if its after going into supermarket or the next day, the auto bit works. any ideas?
That corrosion is excessive. Any chance this was a flood car? Or is water finding away past the door seals?

Acky771

Car(s)
Mk7.5 golf 1.4tsi
Hi all, have a question…
I have a 1.4tsi golf mk7.5 I’m looking to change the diffuser on the back to a gti one.
Can I straight swap the diffuser for the gti on or do I need to get a whole new gti bumper?
I cant seem to find a definitive anwser anywhere
Thanks I’m advance

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I can hear the engine shudder when putting the car in neutral and letting off the clutch at 40mph. Normal?