GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I think you miss understand, I need a recommendation for a thin wrench to hold the stud so I can remove the grounding nut that is on top.
Sacrifice a 10mm to the angle grinder to make it thin enough.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
That happens to my front windows, randomly one or the other or both every couple of months or so, sometimes more... seems the code B148754 goes along with this, the code comes up for the Driver's AND Passenger's Door modules....

Its annoying to fix but my previous GTI had the exact same problem, kind of used to it... doesn't it happen to everyone? I was under the impression we just had to live with it unless it was resetting every time...
Also btw it could be the switch itself... but it also could be the wiring...

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I know it's common but didn't think it was happening on every single car... Looks like it'd be simple to swap out, so for $20-30 I figured it'd be worth a try but thought I'd ask before I make the purchase

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
hmmm I thought once that fault happens, you HAVE TO do the reset on the affected window/door (hold the switch all the way down and hold and then hold it all the way up and hold)

That's been my experience too, there is no "warm up" lol

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Lifted up my shifter trim/boot for the first time; is this foam under there meant to look like that? If not, anything to be worried about?

Attachments

• IMG_2798.jpeg
    IMG_2798.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2800.jpeg
    IMG_2800.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 47

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
That happens to my front windows, randomly one or the other or both every couple of months or so, sometimes more... seems the code B148754 goes along with this, the code comes up for the Driver's AND Passenger's Door modules....

Its annoying to fix but my previous GTI had the exact same problem, kind of used to it... doesn't it happen to everyone? I was under the impression we just had to live with it unless it was resetting every time...
Also btw it could be the switch itself... but it also could be the wiring...
For the past few months my daughter has been telling me that the auto up/down on the passenger window stops working for her and I never believe her. Maybe she is on to something

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Lifted up my shifter trim/boot for the first time; is this foam under there meant to look like that? If not, anything to be worried about?
mine was like that when I popped the boot off for the first time, don't think it had ever been messed with before. I trimmed all the way around one of the ridges with a razor cause it looked shitty, not that it matters.

cb1111

Hello how are you? I'm new here, I'm building the Dynaudio sound system on my 2017 GTI. Has anyone done this retrofit bringing parts from Aliexpress? Are they quality original parts?
Don't expect anything from Ali to be original - even if the vendor says it is.

For the rest of your question, what radio do you have in there now?

luisguilherme

Car(s)
Golf GTI 2017
Don't expect anything from Ali to be original - even if the vendor says it is.

For the rest of your question, what radio do you have in there now?

Thanks for the reply friend. My original radio is a std MIB2 + 6.2 inch screen, I plan to upgrade to Dynaudio + harman MIB2 with 8" screen.
DFBW9393.JPG

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
People with window switch problems - How often are you rolling down your windows as soon as you get in the car and then driving away? I had to make a habit of not doing that in my mk6, at least if there was any water on the roof. The water loves to roll off the roof and land where the switches are. Eventually it fucks your switches up.