GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Which part are you having trouble with? The ground stud, the clip, or pulling the coil itself?
Holding backup on the ground stud to remove the ground nut.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Have a deep socket? Tends to be the easiest way to get the ground stud out.
I think you miss understand, I need a recommendation for a thin wrench to hold the stud so I can remove the grounding nut that is on top.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Anyone know how to fix a windshield that won't de-fog? Got the front defroster on, AC, no recirc, and still it never clears. Goes away briefly with wipers and then comes back. I assume it's something on the outside, any tips on what'll clear it?

IMG_2722.jpeg

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
If it's on the outside - the front defroster may be hurting rather than helping

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Anyone know how to fix a windshield that won't de-fog? Got the front defroster on, AC, no recirc, and still it never clears. Goes away briefly with wipers and then comes back. I assume it's something on the outside, any tips on what'll clear it?

View attachment 251816
You gotta blast the heat.

Super uncomfortable, but if you can't take the moisture out of the air you can at least equalize the inside and outside temperature which will stop the condensation.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

View attachment 251816
Do you use rain-x? I had terrible fogging on my mk6 after using it. It was only a problem at night with really wet/humid conditions. 0 problems since switching to aquapel.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Can't remember how I counter-held mine at home, but at work I'd be looking for the shittiest 10mm in the drawer and a grinder with a 36 grit disk. Or my knipex 125 pliers wrench, they have some pretty gdang thin jaws.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI