GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Might just be Auto vs DSG or MT, but honestly when cold at idle and reverse is the worst for me. With the AC/fan on rpms come up from 700 to 800ish and things smooth out. Gets rough when cold below 750rpms it seems for me. Not sure how much is motor mounts and how much is dogbone as I did them both at the same time. 🤷‍♂️

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
With my current setup, regardless of conditions my car idle nvh is smooth as a kittens purrrr… velt 60a stock style mounts+hybrid yellow puck + roc euo arm. Regardless of rpm, AC, reverse.

After running through so many different versions of mounts on my car I can say for me this is the best give and take for my personal preference.

As far as auto/manual my only reference is i recently slapped a the metal dogbone insert that I first had on my GTI (minimal nvh) on the Tiguan (not DSG but auto) - and it lasted 1 day! The idle while in gear and the reverse was Insane how much it affected the comfort , it created a crazy drone through out the cabin.

Last edited:

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
With my current setup, regardless of conditions my car idle nvh is smooth and kittens purrrr… velt 60a stock style mounts+hybrid yellow puck + roc euo arm. Regardless of rpm, AC, reverse.

After running though so many different versions of mounts on my car I can say for me this is the best give and take for my personal preference.

As far as auto/manual my only reference is i recently slapped a the metal dogbone insert that I first had on my GTI (minimal nvh) on the Tiguan (not DSG but auto) - and it lasted 1 day! The idle while in gear and the reverse was Insane how much it affected the comfort , it created a crazy drone through out the cabin.
Have a link to your mounts? Been helping a buddy decide. He wanted to try the ECS ones until I showed him the same set on aliexpress. 🤣

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Have a link to your mounts? Been helping a buddy decide. He wanted to try the ECS ones until I showed him the same set on aliexpress. 🤣
https://www.urotuning.com/products/...ZZ7JQocd9Ai5U1_X8Zlrg0vQU0dj7VwkaAtSIEALw_wcB

Can’t speak to how long they will hold up - as I’m sure they are the same China factory as 034/cts one. But for the price I don’t mind changing out as my expensive BFI full mounts just collecting dust in the garage now.

Yeah I ran the ECS/eBay’s on my car for a literal few seconds… it was horrible. Trans side I drove the car for 10 min and removed it and the engine side lasted 2 days before I removed.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
With my current setup, regardless of conditions my car idle nvh is smooth as a kittens purrrr… velt 60a stock style mounts+hybrid yellow puck + roc euo arm. Regardless of rpm, AC, reverse.

After running through so many different versions of mounts on my car I can say for me this is the best give and take for my personal preference.

doesn't the Fluidampr help too?

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
I wonder if my BFI stage 2 mount looks like this after 50,000 miles…

But in practicality, with the bottom plate and bolt in there, I’m not sure what difference it would make.
I absolutely agree and that’s why I was checking the condition on the other mounts as well. With how the motor moved from front to rear I’m guessing that there’s an issue with either the dogbone insert or the entire mount. I’ll buy the cheaper insert first and go from there I guess.

Ja_mill

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 6MT GTI
So I just bought some spark plugs - NGK ruth's as I saw them recommended by a lot of people here. I bought a wire spark plug gap tool, and the closest measurement to the recommended .024" on it is .025"

....I've never gapped my own plugs before but I'm assuming that .001" isn't going to harm anything, right?