GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I wanted the TTRS clutch swap for my MK7 gti but it has doubled in cost and I might as well go Ringer SMF at that price. Anyone got an idea? I need a flywheel because reusing sounds sketchy for my first manual and slipping is going to be happening for the next few months.

gl0ry

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW Golf R
Why does the pendulum arm have to flex, would we not want power to stay and have direct energy transfer???

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
So in park and revving my car everything feels fine, put the car in drive and add load with a foot on the brake and give it gas there’s a lot of movement and clunking. Any thoughts? I have a wasted bfi dogbone insert but I’m trying to figure out what to replace now.

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
So in park and revving my car everything feels fine, put the car in drive and ad load with a foot on the brake and give it gas there’s a lot of movement and clunking. Any thoughts? I have a wasted bfi dogbone insert but I’m trying to figure out what to replace now.
Why not start with the "wasted" insert?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I called bfi yesterday and tried to order one, guy on the phone recommended I troubleshoot and do what I did this morning before purchasing. Here I am.
How is it ruined? Split? I'd recommend just replacing it with a powerflex insert. Lifetime warranty so if your dogbone eats it again, you get a new one free. They also fill the upper and lower voids on the dogbone, rather than just the lower voids with the BFI stage 1, only BFIs stage 2 fills upper and lower as it's taller.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I found the BFI insert wasn't all it's cracked up to be, Powerflex hybrid (yellow) is great though - at the expense of NVH when the A/C is running

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
How is it ruined? Split? I'd recommend just replacing it with a powerflex insert. Lifetime warranty so if your dogbone eats it again, you get a new one free. They also fill the upper and lower voids on the dogbone, rather than just the lower voids with the BFI stage 1, only BFIs stage 2 fills upper and lower as it's taller.
A105E5A6-36BA-474D-A253-84CCE4B85F91.jpeg
9A71B591-BB18-4AC5-BA92-B1F6F72F18D9.jpeg

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
I found the BFI insert wasn't all it's cracked up to be, Powerflex hybrid (yellow) is great though - at the expense of NVH when the A/C is running
I think I’m going to go with the powerfle, yellow one. A friend of mine said it’s possible that the subframe needs to be dropped to install? On fcpeuro’s site it doesn’t appear to be the case

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I think I’m going to go with the powerfle, yellow one. A friend of mine said it’s possible that the subframe needs to be dropped to install? On fcpeuro’s site it doesn’t appear to be the case
Nope. Powerflex inserts go in the same way as the BFI ones. Lift all 4 corners and drop the bolt, grease it up with the included grease and slowly press it in. I used the 55A red (diesel) dogbone as it's the softest they offer for MQB.

Used my jack and the block of wood I used to support the engine when doing my BFI stage 1 motor and trans mounts to press it in all the way.