GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

lange79

Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK7
Hi Guys. I bought 4 spark plugs (LFER7BHX ) from ngk site, and all of them comes with the ground electrode with a slight deviation to the same side (I atached 2 pics about). Does it seem normal ? Should I use them anyway?

Thanks!

20220121_164917.jpg20220121_164926.jpg

I forgot to say that NGK told me that "sometimes they saw that they came out of the factory like this".... /

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hi Guys. I bought 4 spark plugs (LFER7BHX ) from ngk site, and all of them comes with the ground electrode with a slight deviation to the same side (I atached 2 pics about). Does it seem normal ? Should I use them anyway?

Thanks!

View attachment 236511View attachment 236512
I wouldn't use them. And with all the reports of the tips falling off I wouldn't straighten them either. NGK should have better quality control than that.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I can't get my fucking y-pipe to line up. :mad: I've tried taking it off and making sure all the pipes are butting up against the next pipe but no matter what I try to do, the right tip is way more sunk in than the left tip. halp plz.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
So others do that also? Like having an IE downpipe but an APR cai?
Some companies make better products than others and there’s enough anecdotal info on this site to figure out what’s good and what’s junk.