GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
The springs are taking care of the lowering part, such as it is.

I've never used plasti-dip, is there anything special about applying it? I wonder if regular ol' Krylon will flake off due to the springs flexing?

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf
The springs are taking care of the lowering part, such as it is.

I've never used plasti-dip, is there anything special about applying it? I wonder if regular ol' Krylon will flake off due to the springs flexing?
I would guess the flex will make plastidip crack very soon. Powder coat might work. Hydro dip maybe? Can you strip the OE paint off the springs? Then most should stick

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
H&R springs have a sort of rubber/textured coating. I'd try regular spraypaint but don't expect it to work very well. I'm all about aesthetics, but you really can't ever see the springs unless your wheels are off.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I'll be completely honest, this is the first time ever in my life that I've had dedicated snow/winter tires (studless), and I'm sliding around all over the place. I'm guessing they're just not good on dry roads. I figured it was time to put them on because it was snowing and freezing and not going above 40ish most days. I guess I'll just have to adjust my driving style. I spun in fourth trying to pass a truck on the highway..

JohnnyGTD

Car(s)
2014 Golf GTD
Hello all, another stupid question if I may. What is supposed to go here?

Attachments

• PXL_20211126_135505163~2.jpg
    PXL_20211126_135505163~2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 83

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Mine has a small rubber bumper.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Passenger side window all of a sudden lost memory for all up all down… How did that happen? How do I reprogram it?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Strange, the window was rolled all the way up already when you tried?
I retried it. Evidently it was a millimeter for being all the way up. When I insured it was all the way up and followed your instructions. Boom it worked. Thanks!

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I'll be completely honest, this is the first time ever in my life that I've had dedicated snow/winter tires (studless), and I'm sliding around all over the place. I'm guessing they're just not good on dry roads. I figured it was time to put them on because it was snowing and freezing and not going above 40ish most days. I guess I'll just have to adjust my driving style. I spun in fourth trying to pass a truck on the highway..

Which tires?
Size?
What size wheels?
Pressure?
How many miles on them?
Suspension mods?

If they're brand spanking new the mold release needs to wear off, so drive it hard for a bit. Pressure depends on the answers but if you have soft sidewall snows, you can make up for a bit of the slop by running 2-3psi higher than your summers. It's a balance between handling and ride quality.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R