GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Ehh. In the last two years I've had it off, never once have I gone "I can't see out my rear window and a wiper would fix that". I think the rear wiper is extremely overrated and unnecessary.
Even in snowy environments?

Reactions: krs

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Ehh. In the last two years I've had it off, never once have I gone "I can't see out my rear window and a wiper would fix that". I think the rear wiper is extremely overrated and unnecessary.

That’s good, glad you like yours removed.

Guess what, I disagree, but that’s okay. I get about 6 months of snowy, wet, icy and crap weather to where I like the improved visibility. I like being able to see better out the rear window.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Even in snowy environments?

Yes, even in snowy environments. We get plenty of snow up here in New England, never once felt it was necessary 🤷‍♂️

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Stupid guestion time.

My 19 GTI has the forward collision sensor. Is this the same sensor they use for ACC? Can I use OBD11 to give my car ACC?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes, even in snowy environments. We get plenty of snow up here in New England, never once felt it was necessary 🤷‍♂️
At least you'll never see the guy who rear ends you when your rear window is covered in snow and slush. 😂

Reactions: krs

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Stupid guestion time.

My 19 GTI has the forward collision sensor. Is this the same sensor they use for ACC? Can I use OBD11 to give my car ACC?
Pretty sure that’s what’s used, but I HIGHLY doubt you can just turn it on, it’s got to have a different module that what ours uses.

I have it in the Tiguan, it’s super intuitive in that car, it really surprising how well it works too, you can change lanes and it will gas and brake for you with precision

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Pretty sure that’s what’s used, but I HIGHLY doubt you can just turn it on, it’s got to have a different module that what ours uses.

I have it in the Tiguan, it’s super intuitive in that car, it really surprising how well it works too, you can change lanes and it will gas and brake for you with precision

Does the Tiggy have a camera?