GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
Can one of my fellow wagon owners chime in and let me know where the fuck this part goes?

I have 2 of them and they have been loose out of the car for years now and I have no idea where they go.

My best guess is something to do with the GSW hatch floor but I'm not sure. Anyone know? It's driving me crazy, I've tried searching those numbers on the plastic to no avail...

Attachments

• 20211003_112305.jpg
    20211003_112305.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • 20211003_112324.jpg
    20211003_112324.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54

cb1111

Can one of my fellow wagon owners chime in and let me know where the fuck this part goes?

I have 2 of them and they have been loose out of the car for years now and I have no idea where they go.

My best guess is something to do with the GSW hatch floor but I'm not sure. Anyone know? It's driving me crazy, I've tried searching those numbers on the plastic to no avail...
Aren't those the two latches for the two side pieces?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
You mean the side pieces that run under the hatch floor?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
Awesome thanks guys

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
How much does it build a GTI motor WITHOUT labor?

What parts are needed?

Any aftermarket manufactures sell engine parts to build?

How is 400+HP/TQ on a FWD? Is it to much for a daily? What about 500? 😂

I'm stage 1 and got gapped so bad on the scatpack r.i.p

cbrygmann

Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
So my puddle light in the drivers side mirror has stopped working. I guess I need to change the LED bulb? Does anybody know if it’s a W5W bulb I need?
Also a tutorial on how to do it would be much appreciated since I can only find it for mk6. Thanks guys

Fdotorres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
How much does it build a GTI motor WITHOUT labor?

What parts are needed?

Any aftermarket manufactures sell engine parts to build?

How is 400+HP/TQ on a FWD? Is it to much for a daily? What about 500? 😂

I'm stage 1 and got gapped so bad on the scatpack r.i.p

Currently running 477whp. It's perfectly fine for daily.

Last edited:

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Okay so I checked my charge pressure acuator volts and it was 1.616v, what is the correct voltage for a IS20 on a 1.8T? Since the car is stage 2 tune do i need to get with the tune company to find out? I have seen that Is38 is 3.5v-3.8v, is mine the same?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Okay so I checked my charge pressure acuator volts and it was 1.616v, what is the correct voltage for a IS20 on a 1.8T? Since the car is stage 2 tune do i need to get with the tune company to find out? I have seen that Is38 is 3.5v-3.8v, is mine the same?
It's the same. Have them get it to 3.5 to 3.6 volts.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Does the stock exhaust become restrictive after 450 whp?
The jury is still out on that one. I've read about cars making 500whp with the stock catback, but they did not test larger catbacks for comparison.
So, you can make big power with stock exhaust, but that doesn't mean you can't make even more with aftermarket pipes.

My take is that if you can make more hp with a 3" catback, then stock is restrictive.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Also for everyone's FYI. My car has 43k miles, only ever filled with 93, and gets Italian tune ups anytime time I have the space, check out my carbon.

Attachments

• 20211006_175633.jpg
    20211006_175633.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 95

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Also for everyone's FYI. My car has 43k miles, only ever filled with 93, and gets Italian tune ups anytime time I have the space, check out my carbon.
The Audi version of the ITU is to run the car under load above 3000rpm for a minimum of 20 minutes.