GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hello, I am new to this forum, but I recently purchased a manual golf 1.8 tsi coupe and it was in excellent condition. No problems on the first few drives, but after a few days i put the handbrake up and realized it wouldn't come down, it was fully stuck. Anyways, through some less-than-professional tactics, we were able to get the brake to come back down, and on it went with no more problems until 2 days ago, and that time it was truly, completely stuck. I ended up disconnecting the e brake from the calipers, so i could at least get home, which is when i was able to narrow the problem down to the actual handle. The issue was that the previous owner had seemingly "mended' a lost spring by using a rubber grommet from the underside. This, apparently worked great, until it didn't, so now i am unsure what to do because i don't know the actual part number or to be honest, the oem location of said missing spring. Can anyone help me??

Difficult to find..not much info..

Here is the diagram for the handbrake.....

brake lever - Golf Variant/SportWagen(GOV) [USA 2016 year] (7zap.com)

Diagram for the cables with torsion beam rear suspension
brake cable - Golf Variant/SportWagen(GOV) [USA 2016 year] (7zap.com)

Diagram for brake cable for rear multilink suspension..

brake cable - Golf Variant/SportWagen(GOV) [USA 2016 year] (7zap.com)

NoName2

Passed Driver's Ed
What is the stock offset for a mk7 with the performance pack? Also, what offset will fit?

im shopping around for winter wheels and tires but have no idea what will fit over the big brakes

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Most 18"x7.5/8.0/8.5 ET35-ET51 will fit. Some 17" wheels will fit but not all. It depends what you consider "fit". 1/8" clearance doesn't work for me. Slush can't clear that gap and will freeze. Some people are fine with that.

www.willtheyfit.com

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Should I sell my is20? I upgraded to an is38 and I bought the is38 from FCP. If it ever blows, I'll get a new one from FCP. I have no plans on ever selling the car or otherwise getting rid of it.

Am I missing any reason to hold on to this turbo?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Should I sell my is20? I upgraded to an is38 and I bought the is38 from FCP. If it ever blows, I'll get a new one from FCP. I have no plans on ever selling the car or otherwise getting rid of it.

If fcp has an issue fulfilling your return order what will you drive in the meantime? 2nd car available? If so, yeah, sell it.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

are you gonna have another car to drive around while waiting for the new turbo to arrive from FCP?

CiDirkona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK3 TT, MK1 Atlas SE
Do Audi S3 seats bolt directly into mk7's? Found a wrecked S3 near me and it seems like a good swap.

I got curious and did some googling.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-seats-are-direct-bolt-in-for-mk7-gti.373698/
https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/36504-s3-interior-swap/

Bolt pattern fronts yes, rear anchors are different but close. Wiring will definitely need a custom connector made, although if you could figure out power/ground you could at least likely get that working fairly easily.

cb1111