GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Yes. Under the light channel you want as DRLs, probably directly under the "Standlicht" function or another one that has an appropriate light level, add the "Tagfahrlight" function.

I did this successfully. Hopefully that points you in the right direction, but let me know if you need me to look up details from my own coding.
It was the channels for the outer lights I couldn't figure out. Everything I found online was for EU models and didn't apply to my car

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
It was the channels for the outer lights I couldn't figure out. Everything I found online was for EU models and didn't apply to my car
Looks like you have a prefacelift, so the outer lights should be channels 20 and 21. Here's an example for the left side:
  • Go to Leuchte 20BR LA71
  • Scroll down to Lichtfunktion E20, which should be "Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht...)." Leave this line alone.
  • Change the next line, Lichtfunktion F20, from "not active" to "Tagfahrlicht."
  • Save changes.
The right side should be essentially the same, just with "21" everywhere there's a "20" above.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What’s the general consensus on best summer daily driver tires? Back in the MK6 Vortex days everyone said Falken.

Best - MPS4S

Best reasonably priced -Falken FK510. Indy500 have a little less grip, not as good in wet, but stiffer sidewall if you want sharper feel.

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Someone did you wrong at engine assembly. Rub a bit of oil on the socket and push it through.
I like this but.....if the socket is on an extension and goes past the rubber it may become detached under the rubber when you try to pull it out. I would consider gluing/weld the socket securely to the extension (epoxy) the sacrifice of a socket/extension compared to trying to extract the socket would be worth it.

Last edited:

PapaJager

Car(s)
MK7 TSI 2015 3DR 5SM
HELP

I've noticed that the clutch pedal on my 2015 Golf S, 5 Speed Manual (NAR) has started to squeel / make a noice after either pressing the pedal or depressing it.
I've uploaded a recording of the sound to YouTube here: VIDEO

Has anyone faced a similar issue before? I've heard the solutions range from a fix as easy as spraying some WD-40 on some springs, to as complex and expensive as completely rebuilding / swapping out the clutch.

All input is appreciated!

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
I have a dumb one. Do you notice a really violently harsh 1->2 DSG shift when you start the car and leave in M mode? consistently happens whenever I start the car, put in in sport/Manual and then drive off. If I do the initial 1->2 above like 2K rpm it sounds and feels like it's forcing the shift. 1->2 literally any other time is butter. TCU is reflashed but still kind of unusual.

I know when it happens so I can avoid it but it's mildly unsettling.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You start the car, put it in drive, flip it over to manual mode, then flip it back to drive, then push the gas to drive off?

Yeah. It's called peak driving, you wouldn't get it.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
So, manual mode 1-2 shift is causing you grief. hmmm, no such issue here. I'd say keep the shift sooner, don't need to really use much of 1st anyways how this car is geared.
Yeah It's obviously not a huge deal, just a curious little thing that it only happens when starting in M and never happens anywhere else.

I only use 1st for downshifting at 30 mph anyways.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Looks like you have a prefacelift, so the outer lights should be channels 20 and 21. Here's an example for the left side:
  • Go to Leuchte 20BR LA71
  • Scroll down to Lichtfunktion E20, which should be "Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht...)." Leave this line alone.
  • Change the next line, Lichtfunktion F20, from "not active" to "Tagfahrlicht."
  • Save changes.
The right side should be essentially the same, just with "21" everywhere there's a "20" above.
sweet, cant wait to try this out this weekend. thank you!