GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
or "partially identical".... :ROFLMAO:

But to get this back on track, I get what doggy papa is saying and yes AFAIK, everything but the gearing is the same.
The r’s dsg cooler is external and on the front bumper while the Gti’s cooler is sort of right on the dsg no?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I realize this is about as nitpicky as it gets, but for those who have done the power folding mirror retrofit: do your mirrors fold up at the same rate? My passenger mirror folds in quicker than the driver side does; is there some way to get them synchronized?

Video:

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I realize this is about as nitpicky as it gets, but for those who have done the power folding mirror retrofit: do your mirrors fold up at the same rate? My passenger mirror folks in quicker than the driver side does; is there some way to get them synchronized?

Video:
What? You’re tripping. They’re identical.

I think you’re being too critical, respectfully speaking.

also. Came out dope!

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
looks the same to me. (try to convince yourself it is...)
What? You’re tripping. They’re identical.

I think you’re being too critical, respectfully speaking.

also. Came out dope!
Hah my dad said the same thing, so y'all are right... and thanks! I managed to break one of the clips in my passenger mirror cap but other than that things went really smoothly. OBD11 coded everything beautifully and the fishing line trick with the cable routing made things a breeze. Definitely recommended especially if you're a city street parker like me.

Fdotorres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Can I use my GTI while it has a bad coolant temperature sensor? It's reading high, but I'm sure it's cooling fine.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Do the OEM wheel bolt caps work with OEM accessory anti-theft wheel bolts?
The OEM anti theft bolts should come with a cap specifically made to fit the locking bolt. Here they are side by side:
PXL_20210516_202654771.jpg

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Getting some exhaust work done next week and wondering if it's OK to drive around for a day or two without the tunnel braces.
I'm concerned they might overtorque the rear nuts and snap the bolt heads off, which would suck donkey balls.

My car won't crumple up like an accordion or the windows fall out, will they?
Keep in mind, I live in Pennsylvania, famous for off-road smoothness on the "roads".