GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

gbar

Ready to race!
Could someone help me out with PCV part numbers?

I have a 2015 GTI with an old PCV. Should I upgrade to the '06K103495BL' revision or the '06K103495BM' revision? Does it even matter?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Could someone help me out with PCV part numbers?

I have a 2015 GTI with an old PCV. Should I upgrade to the '06K103495BL' revision or the '06K103495BM' revision? Does it even matter?
I remember someone saying the BL revision is the newer and better one, although personally I'm not sure how true that is

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Anybody know how this goes together? IKEA has spoiled me. I thought the ring clamp was for the turbo, but I think I'm supposed to re-use my old one and use this one to join the mid-section. Also is there any kind of rubber washer or something comes off of the hold turbo clamp between the DP and the turbo that I need to reuse?

Attachments

• 20210507_180937.jpg
    20210507_180937.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 89

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Question, why did my DSG farts go away once I got tuned??? I miss those.
You can find them a bit higher in the rev range. Push the gas in a tiny bit. Just enough to force shifts at 4K rpm. That should work

I think it went away because the derate time in between gears is less because the tranny is upshifting a bit quicker. I’m just guessing though

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
You can find them a bit higher in the rev range. Push the gas in a tiny bit. Just enough to force shifts at 4K rpm. That should work

I think it went away because the derate time in between gears is less because the tranny is upshifting a bit quicker. I’m just guessing though
I’ve tried everything, they gone

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Decided to change my oil after the car had been sitting all night instead of warming it up first like I usually do. When I took the filter out the oil was still thick and cold and some spilled over onto the belt. Is this okay? I’m trying to wipe it off the best I can.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Decided to change my oil after the car had been sitting all night instead of warming it up first like I usually do. When I took the filter out the oil was still thick and cold and some spilled over onto the belt. Is this okay? I’m trying to wipe it off the best I can.
Belt might slip a little until it's worn off. Otherwise no problem.