GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Hey guys.... I guess this question can go here...

Does anyone know what was the stock value for a Mk7 Golf R (NA/US) is in [03-ABS Brake] > Byte 29? Where you adjust how the ESC button operates?

What did yours come with? Mine was on "08"... is that what everyone else has? I thought it was supposed to be 06?

e5e18f48-88c8-40d6-88a5-12536b066f94.jpg
f284d15b-f2bd-4035-b4ce-66a0182be80a.jpg

cb1111

I just noticed today that the light in the hatch of the Alltrack appears to be the only one in the car that isn't LED. Does anybody know if there is a technical reason for that?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I just noticed today that the light in the hatch of the Alltrack appears to be the only one in the car that isn't LED. Does anybody know if there is a technical reason for that?
No technical reason and the cost really isn't significant either. Aftermarket LED 's are available for it.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion

Saving $0.02

My 2018 GTI was the same. I replaced the assembly with a nice pop-in LED replacement that's super bright .

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

No technical reason and the cost really isn't significant either. Aftermarket LED 's are available for it.

Saving $0.02

My 2018 GTI was the same. I replaced the assembly with a nice pop-in LED replacement that's super bright .
587ak9.jpg

cb1111

Saving $0.02

Got a link? Would be interested in doing this for my 2019.
Thanks guys - It just struck me as odd that they would have left that one as a "normal" bulb, but change the ones at the sunvisor that probably should have been left as warmer bulbs.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I buy anything from deAuto, but I'm game for an actual quality replacement.

ScorpionT16

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 MK7.5 Autobahn
I got a 2019 Autobahn last November, and right away put on winter tires/rims at the dealer, so didn't drive on the summer wheels. Last week I put the summers on, and between 125-140kp/h there is a bit of vibration in the car, that was not there with the winter tires.

I thought they just needed to be balanced, though within a day got a set of new Rotary wheels from the dealer, so just got them to swap the stock Potenza's onto those. And even on the new rims, the vibration between 125-140kp/h is still there :( - I've booked a rebalance next week, however could it just be the stock tires?

cb1111

I got a 2019 Autobahn last November, and right away put on winter tires/rims at the dealer, so didn't drive on the summer wheels. Last week I put the summers on, and between 125-140kp/h there is a bit of vibration in the car, that was not there with the winter tires.

I thought they just needed to be balanced, though within a day got a set of new Rotary wheels from the dealer, so just got them to swap the stock Potenza's onto those. And even on the new rims, the vibration between 125-140kp/h is still there :( - I've booked a rebalance next week, however could it just be the stock tires?
Of course there could be an issue with the tires - a road force rebalance should be able to narrow it down. If the tires, then it'll be covered under the tire warranty.

ScorpionT16

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 MK7.5 Autobahn
Of course there could be an issue with the tires - a road force rebalance should be able to narrow it down. If the tires, then it'll be covered under the tire warranty.
what is a road force rebalance? It's fairly annoying when driving and I hoped the new rims/rebalance would eliminate it.

I'll have to see about the warranty, cause the car was a demo model (just owned by the finance manager at VW, he did less than 3k kms on it, it wasn't test driven due to covid, I got it with 3,500kms on the odo) So the stock tires do have 3,500kms on them. The Rotary rims are discontinued, luckily another dealer a few km's away had a set of 4 new ones in stock. So a different VW dealer did the swap and rebalance, so not sure they will honor any warranty on them. Odd thing is, the stock rims which I sold had a lot of weights on them, and now so do the rotaries. When I get them rebalanced, I'll inquire

cb1111

what is a road force rebalance? It's fairly annoying when driving and I hoped the new rims/rebalance would eliminate it.

I'll have to see about the warranty, cause the car was a demo model (just owned by the finance manager at VW, he did less than 3k kms on it, it wasn't test driven due to covid, I got it with 3,500kms on the odo) So the stock tires do have 3,500kms on them. The Rotary rims are discontinued, luckily another dealer a few km's away had a set of 4 new ones in stock. So a different VW dealer did the swap and rebalance, so not sure they will honor any warranty on them. Odd thing is, the stock rims which I sold had a lot of weights on them, and now so do the rotaries. When I get them rebalanced, I'll inquire
Here you go What Is Road Force Tire Balancing & Match Mounting? (discounttire.com) and here Road Force® Elite Wheel Balancer | Hunter Engineering Company® There'll be a link on the site to find a location near you in Canada.

ScorpionT16

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 MK7.5 Autobahn

cb1111

Found one near work. Is it better to just pay and go this route, or get the dealer to do it the old fashioned way for free? If they do say its due to uneven tire wear, since they are used already, it will probably not be under warranty
Me? I'd probably go to the dealer first and see what they say. Where do you feel the vibration - in the seat or in the steering wheel?