GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Another stupid one.

How the f*ck does the aux heater come out past the past bar across the main dash frame when the glovebox is out?

Following Haynes manual for matrix removal, got past first pipe on the Matrix but need more wiggle room to remove lower pipe - can’t get aux heater out to allow more space to adjust it; matrix only needs to come forward at the top a few mm and the pipe will be better lined up to pop off!

image.jpg

The rope was instrumental in giving me the leverage to remove the top one 😅

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Stupid question

was talking to @StorableComa about this and he couldn’t answer. So I figured I’d ask here

the cooling system on the mk7 and 7.5. The radiator, pump and all ancillary things. Are they different than the ones in the golf wagon?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Stupid question

was talking to @StorableComa about this and he couldn’t answer. So I figured I’d ask here

the cooling system on the mk7 and 7.5. The radiator, pump and all ancillary things. Are they different than the ones in the golf wagon?
All I know is the thermostat housing leaks in the Golf just like the GTI. 😂

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Stupid question

Nope....the GSW is only different after the rear axle......so for the same engine & same spec both hatch & estate will be the same front end..

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
So the GTI and golf wagon share the same radiator, fan, water pump etc?

No.......I'll repeat:- "for the same engine & same spec both hatch & estate will be the same front end".

The GTI engine was never fitted to the GSW.....the nearest is the 1.8lt which has some differences between it & the 2lt GTI...

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
No.......I'll repeat:- "for the same engine & same spec both hatch & estate will be the same front end".

The GTI engine was never fitted to the GSW.....the nearest is the 1.8lt which has some differences between it & the 2lt GTI...
Oh ok gotcha. This makes sense now. Thank you.

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
Please correct me if im wrong, but i was under the impression that in order to read ethanol content in the jb4 app I would need to purchase the Fuel It kit from BMS.

The reason I am inquiring is because the other day i filled up with E30 at the pump and in the app it read 30 for E85 content, and then yesterday i filled ip 11 gallons of 93 and in the jb4 app it read 7 for E content. Is this some kind of fluke/coincidence or what?

Thanks in advance

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Please correct me if im wrong, but i was under the impression that in order to read ethanol content in the jb4 app I would need to purchase the Fuel It kit from BMS.

The reason I am inquiring is because the other day i filled up with E30 at the pump and in the app it read 30 for E85 content, and then yesterday i filled ip 11 gallons of 93 and in the jb4 app it read 7 for E content. Is this some kind of fluke/coincidence or what?
The fuel u used probably wasn’t e10

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
The fuel u used probably wasn’t e10
Hmm... not exactly sure what you mean. I still had about 2 gallons of e30 when i filled up and then it depends if the 93 i got had any ethanol in it or not. I guess my main question is weather or not the jb4 can detect ethanol content without the fuel it kit.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hmm... not exactly sure what you mean. I still had about 2 gallons of e30 when i filled up and then it depends if the 93 i got had any ethanol in it or not. I guess my main question is weather or not the jb4 can detect ethanol content without the fuel it kit.
Oh I dunno about that

what I tried to explain (poorly, sorry) was that if u have e30 and get to a 1/4 tank (for example) then fill with premium. You will dilute the ethanol content.

as far as the jb4 playing nicely with your content sensor, I dunno. Sorry

but the fact that you dipped under e10 tells me the fuel you used isn’t e10

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
Oh I dunno about that

what I tried to explain (poorly, sorry) was that if u have e30 and get to a 1/4 tank (for example) then fill with premium. You will dilute the ethanol content.

as far as the jb4 playing nicely with your content sensor, I dunno. Sorry

but the fact that you dipped under e10 tells me the fuel you used isn’t e10
Ahh yes i see what you meant now. Thanks