GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Anyone know if these fit the 2020 and 2021 versions of the car? I'm wondering if they haven't updated their photos, because I don't see a new version anywhere and can't imagine they changed the oxygen sensor so much this product is no longer being made to fit.

I now know they have two different versions, wondering if they have started a third, or if the second version works for all years past 2019 and the photo they are using is old.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-GTI-VW-MK7-5-Harness-JB4-Fuel-Control-Wire-O2-Oxygen-Sensor-Skoda-Jetta-GLI/254319642902?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=9761dffff6994a05b922ad5be496847a&pid=100675&rk=1&rkt=15&mehot=es&sd=254319642902&itm=254319642902&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:cc2b102a-2e5a-11ea-a339-74dbd180ba4b|parentrq:6cc46b3b16f0ad4a768d1765ffada438|iid:1

Last edited:

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Full of stupid questions this week: can anyone explain how leaves and shit can somehow get into the hatch while the hatch is closed? Am I losing my mind and they just blew in when I opened it?

Attachments

• IMG_9910.jpeg
    IMG_9910.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 78

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Full of stupid questions this week: can anyone explain how leaves and shit can somehow get into the hatch while the hatch is closed? Am I losing my mind and they just blew in when I opened it?
Or when you had a window open.

Fdotorres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Is the Golf R P3 gauge GTI compatible? I bought an used OBD model with the trackpack, and around half of the features are buggy and not working.

GTIMK7PLEASE

Car(s)
Saving FOR MK7 GTI
what is the best tuner, APR, Cobb, or Unitronic, My uncle stated that APR killed his buds car and Unitronic and APR make the same wh, but what about cobb, Becuase IK Cobb u can flash your self and it has tunes for burble, flatfoot shifting, increases the top speed, etc

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
what is the best tuner, APR, Cobb, or Unitronic, My uncle stated that APR killed his buds car and Unitronic and APR make the same wh, but what about cobb, Becuase IK Cobb u can flash your self and it has tunes for burble, flatfoot shifting, increases the top speed, etc

APR is safe but pushes more power than Uni. Uni is underwhelming. Cobb makes the AP which tuners like MAPerformance, EQT, Sneekytuned, and Stratified use to provide their own tunes. The “free” Cobb tunes that come with the AP that were actually developed by Cobb are the worst on the market, neck and neck with MAPerformance. Lots of people who are stage 1 stock hardware lose their engines to those crappy tunes. But on the other hand EQT Stratified and Sneekytuned have nearly exclusively positive reviews.

there’s also United Motorsport, they’re a good one.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I've done a bunch of research but can't seem to find a definitive answer. Does the 500 mile recommended break-in period for clutches have to be all stop-and-go city miles? I guess that would make sense since the clutch is actually being used a lot.

Asking because my twenty mile commute to work includes fifteen miles of sixth gear cruising on the interstate. So do those miles "not count" because the clutch isn't being used? Does that mean the 200 mile point I'm at right now is technically only 50 lol?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I've done a bunch of research but can't seem to find a definitive answer. Does the 500 mile recommended break-in period for clutches have to be all stop-and-go city miles? I guess that would make sense since the clutch is actually being used a lot.

Asking because my twenty mile commute to work includes fifteen miles of sixth gear cruising on the interstate. So do those miles "not count" because the clutch isn't being used? Does that mean the 200 mile point I'm at right now is technically only 50 lol?

literally just vary your speed on the highway 50-75 4-5-6 when people aren’t behind you just to use the clutch some more.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
literally just vary your speed on the highway 50-75 4-5-6 when people aren’t behind you just to use the clutch some more.

That would seem like an obvious solution except when you're in traffic only two lanes wide and you have big rigs and other commuters in front of and behind you. I'm usually going a steady ~80 just to keep up with everyone.

I wish there were more backroads with stop signs and lights to get to my work, but there's really only one road and it's a 70mph interstate. Normally I'm okay with that. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
APR is safe but pushes more power than Uni. Uni is underwhelming. Cobb makes the AP which tuners like MAPerformance, EQT, Sneekytuned, and Stratified use to provide their own tunes. The “free” Cobb tunes that come with the AP that were actually developed by Cobb are the worst on the market, neck and neck with MAPerformance. Lots of people who are stage 1 stock hardware lose their engines to those crappy tunes. But on the other hand EQT Stratified and Sneekytuned have nearly exclusively positive reviews.

there’s also United Motorsport, they’re a good one.
In defense of Cobb, their OTS tunes that come with the AP are boost heavy, laggy, and down on power, but extremely safe and knock free. People blowing up their engines are the morons loading the stage 2 or 3 tunes on stock hardware because MOAR BOOOOOST. MAPerformance makes terrible knock heavy tunes that will mess your engine up. I wouldn't lump them together. You can run the appropriate Cobb ots while you finish your build and wait for a pro tune just fine; I and many others have, just watch your knock sensors and use the right map.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Unitronic is the worst in terms of updates and power. The tune is conservative and will get absolutely drilled by other tunes. APR is expensive, some say you get what you say for, some hate it. Cobb OTS tunes are known to have excessive knock. Flat foot shifting is awful for this platform, there are more than a few threads about people doing transmission rebuilds or having catastrophic failure associated with it.

Cobb traction control is fine though, lots of tuners use it with their stuff. If you want a solid tune maybe start comparing EQT and APR.