GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I was under the impression the APR IS38 tune was with their APR DP (or similar)?

They have a non test pipe tune that you have to request. I wanted that so I didn't have to worry about passing obd scan during inspection even though I did have an aftermarket dp. Reflect can do the same thing. If you're fwd, that's the only custom tune available, but if I remember, you're awd, so you have more options

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
They have a non test pipe tune that you have to request. I wanted that so I didn't have to worry about passing obd scan during inspection even though I did have an aftermarket dp. Reflect can do the same thing. If you're fwd, that's the only custom tune available, but if I remember, you're awd, so you have more options

Yep, I have AWD. I am going to pick up an R downpipe this month so I will reach out to Reflect and EQT to see if they can do a custom tune for me as well. I'm not sure I want a canned tune while making significantly more power than stock.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Noticed I’m getting a really strange rattle under acceleration by the turbo area I suppose. Gotta take it in the shop tomorrow and see what they say. I am hoping its nothing serious and just something loose

I have no idea what codes atm. I have a CEL cause of the DP I have but I’m already aware of that. Will speak to the mechanic and see if any codes popped up besides the O2 Sensor.
Changed the coils and plugs about a week and a half ago and had no hiccups till now.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
scanned for codes today
0B1165C9-AC3B-4668-9DD8-5A7CAADA975B.jpeg

Edit: Found this forum talking about the exact issue im having

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/drivability-with-p00af-code.368251/

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Can 3m be applied correctly in cold weather? @Javwohl gets his spoiler extension in on Friday and it’s gonna be maybe 20-30f or so. Will the 3m adhere correctly?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I was under the impression the APR IS38 tune was with their APR DP (or similar)?

No look at their website again. The EPA is cracking down on downpipe manufacturers/retailers and ECU tuners that have af the remarked downpipe tunes. I believe APR no longer offers aftermarket DP tunes.

Your stated goals of 300WHP are certainly achievable on APR’s IS38 stock DP file.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
On a long road trip, do Y’all take your racing Jack with you or just deal with widow maker?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
On a long road trip, do Y’all take your racing Jack with you or just deal with widow maker?
Slim profile jack… I want to be off the side of the road as quickly as possible.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Slim profile jack… I want to be off the side of the road as quickly as possible.
Yeah I’m driving to OH soon and thinking of throwing my racing jack in.... just in case

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Looking at the BFI website I see install instructions for the MK7 transmission mount... but nothing on the engine mount. Am I blind?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Looking at the BFI website I see install instructions for the MK7 transmission mount... but nothing on the engine mount. Am I blind?
i think this vid has both, to use for reference.

and no, you're not blind - their website doesn't have vids or instructions for them all.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
i think this vid has both, to use for reference.

and no, you're not blind - their website doesn't have vids or instructions for them all.
I just did it on Saturday and used the shopdap video
Any tips or tricks? Going to be tackling this on my GSW to cut back on labor costs for some of the work i'm doing. Debating if I just want them to swap the rotors and calipers and do a brake flush, or see how much tacking the Turbo swap on might be. Figure mounts and maybe the turbo might be easy enough to save some cash on. I don't have any bleeder tools for the brakes, so figure let them handle it. A flush is about 100 bucks, figure labor for a rotor and caliper swap wouldn't be much more.