GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Not mk7 specific, but here's a stupid question:

How do you buy a used car from a private party with cash? Seller only wants cash, price is $16k. I think my daily ATM limit is like $500 😂. My bank is USAA so they don't have physical storefronts, not to mention I don't feel comfortable carrying that kind of money around. Just can't wrap my hand around the logistics here...

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

How do you buy a used car from a private party with cash? Seller only wants cash, price is $16k. I think my daily ATM limit is like $500 😂. My bank is USAA so they don't have physical storefronts, not to mention I don't feel comfortable carrying that kind of money around. Just can't wrap my hand around the logistics here...

A check. You can be like with the person when. They deposit it so they know you’re not writing them a bounce check. Idk man

cb1111

Get a certified check and meet the seller at his bank. I would never carry that much cash around and if the seller doesn't get that, then he/she is up to no good.

During non-COVID times, I've met at the DMV to make sure that the buyer had everything they needed to register the car, then drove to the bank to actually sell the car and get the bill of sale notarized (to protect the seller)

Leo ATX

Car(s)
'21 Mk7.5 GTI
59F311CB-BBA7-4154-942E-6AB35ED01A46.jpeg
7D591A8D-5590-47C1-B96F-E7BD472B6810.jpeg

I have a 2021 Mk7.5 Autobahn with Lane Keep Assist. This system is intrusive where I drive and sometimes mis-recognises lane markings. I can temporarily turn it off in the gauge cluster or in the Assist Systems menu in the infotainment, but it always default to on when the engine starts. Is VCDS the only way to fix this?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
View attachment 205813View attachment 205812
I have a 2021 Mk7.5 Autobahn with Lane Keep Assist. This system is intrusive where I drive and sometimes mis-recognises lane markings. I can temporarily turn it off in the gauge cluster or in the Assist Systems menu in the infotainment, but it always default to on when the engine starts. Is VCDS the only way to fix this?

that’s sucks - mine stays off when I turn it off. Haven’t turned it back on since the day I bought the car

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Where it would help an IS20 the most is at the top end where the IS20 needs it the most.
That flex section is very important also.
What catback are you running? Will there be concerns going from a 4" dp to the 2.5" catback?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Cash...I've seen bogus bank/cashiers checks. idk what I would do in your place. As a seller I would insist on cash and either meeting at bank or popo station.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD

If they won't do a personal check a cashiers check or money order can work.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Cash...I've seen bogus bank/cashiers checks. idk what I would do in your place. As a seller I would insist on cash and either meeting at bank or popo station.
Yea he said we can do the transaction at his bank but won't do a check, and I don't blame him. Even cashier's checks can be easily faked and the problem with that is the seller won't know until at least a week later.

cb1111

Yea he said we can do the transaction at his bank but won't do a check, and I don't blame him. Even cashier's checks can be easily faked and the problem with that is the seller won't know until at least a week later.
OK, then bring two really big friends until you get to the bank - they can stay in the background. Arrive at the bank way early (like a half hour or more) and hang out inside.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
A check. You can be like with the person when. They deposit it so they know you’re not writing them a bounce check. Idk man

You have a bad understanding of how checks work. It can take up to a week for a check to bounce.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

You have a bad understanding of how checks work. It can take up to a week for a check to bounce.

Cashier's/certified checks don't bounce because the funds are withdrawn at the point of issuance. That's why they are required for certain transactions and they aren't easy to fake. cb1111 got it correct above; certified check with notarized bill of sale. Protects all parties involved. If they won't take a certified check, you should not buy from them.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Yea he said we can do the transaction at his bank
I would find someone who's not insane to buy a vehicle from, there's no shortage of GTIs out there. Getting pulled over with 16k in cash on you puts you at risk for forfeiture of that cash and you may never get it back. If they won't do a cashier's check or certified check you need to do business with someone else. The bank literally takes that money out of your account on the spot and reserves it to only be collected by the person that check is addressed to.

This person is either acting nefariously, or unstable... possibly both.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What catback are you running? Will there be concerns going from a 4" dp to the 2.5" catback?
I'm running the Magniflow catback and there's no problem going from the 4" DP to the catback. Trackslag sells an adapter to connect it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Can't the bank verify the cashiers check is good?