GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

bibimbap

Car(s)
Mk7.5 tsi golf
I have a pretty stupid question, how can i recline mK7.5 tsi seat to 180 degree flat? i can only adjust up to airplane seat recline level....

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I now have another stupid question

is the alignment on the s and se the same as the autobahn?

I ask because the GLI s feels like it has a bit more negative camber on the front vs a GLI autobahn

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Hey would you guys call an estimate of 3.5 hours each to swap out my motor and transmission a bit excessive?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hey would you guys call an estimate of 3.5 hours each to swap out my motor and transmission a bit excessive?
U mean 3.5 to remove them and another 3.5 to put the motor and tranny back?

it’s a bit over but it’s also not bad. 2 hours each way would be ideal. But even then, some folks just can’t do it that fast due to lack of experience

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Seven hours for motor mounts is way too much. Look elsewhere or install yourself.
The driver side is a little tricky with the wiring harness getting in the way, but I changed my mounts in well under three hours. In my driveway.
A professional with the shop, lift and all the tools should be able to do it in two.

Edit: not the mounts, but remove and replace the engine and trans? Seven hours is not too crazy.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Seven hours for motor mounts is way too much. Look elsewhere or install yourself.
The driver side is a little tricky with the wiring harness getting in the way, but I changed my mounts in well under three hours. In my driveway.
A professional with the shop, lift and all the tools should be able to do it in two.
Oh I thought he meant the whole ass motor and tranny ?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Oh shit...yeah I meant the mounts

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Yeah I mean the mounts not the the motor and transmission. My bad guys!

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Yeah that’s wayyyyyy too long for a Mount install. I paid $250 at a small family performance shop in Jersey called TCR Racing, they build RS3’s. He got it done in about 1 hour.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
No dude. 7 hours is gross. That’s entirely way too much
That's what I was thinking as well...I shot the place an email that has a link to the mounts so hopefully that clears things up. It could just be a case of miscommunication when I spoke with them.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That's what I was thinking as well...I shot the place an email that has a link to the mounts so hopefully that clears things up. It could just be a case of miscommunication when I spoke with them.
I agree with the other guys. The shop that changed my mounts charged 2 hours.