GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I’m brand new to wheels. Lol explain stretch tires and -4 camber please. They come with Continental ExtremeContact Sport 225/40 R 18(92Y) tires.
oh in that case, those mk4 fitment wheels really aren’t a good option for you. They will take smaller tires and you need to upgrade your suspension with the min some camber plates and probably either adjustable lower control arms or ball joint extenders to get those to fit drama free, also the wheel will be poking past the fenders a good bit.

Last edited:

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
So there shouldn't be fitment issues - or should there be?
You won't know till you get them on the car unfortunately. Based on the numbers, it should clear the suspension just fine, but I can't tell if it will clear the brake caliper.

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
Anybody have the oil drain plug leak? (Plastic one)

I’ve been diligent in replacing them every oil change, but last time I did not, and yesterday I didn’t either. Noted some sort of oil leak under the car can’t really tell from where, I suppose it’s wishful thinking that it’s the drain plug 😂 but I’m gonna get a new one swap it and clean it up to see if that stops it or where the leak is really coming from.

Attachments

• 1642727D-FD4C-44FF-9F81-DBDED2B78D20.jpeg
    1642727D-FD4C-44FF-9F81-DBDED2B78D20.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 75

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Anybody have the oil drain plug leak? (Plastic one)

I’ve been diligent in replacing them every oil change, but last time I did not, and yesterday I didn’t either. Noted some sort of oil leak under the car can’t really tell from where, I suppose it’s wishful thinking that it’s the drain plug 😂 but I’m gonna get a new one swap it and clean it up to see if that stops it or where the leak is really coming from.
Where did you buy the oil drain plug? The ones I bought from a third party seller leaked. The OEM ones don't. If yours is an OEM one it's more likely the leak is from somewhere else. Who reinstalled it the last oil change?

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
Where did you buy the oil drain plug? The ones I bought from a third party seller leaked. The OEM ones don't. If yours is an OEM one it's more likely the leak is from somewhere else. Who reinstalled it the last oil change?
It’s an oem one from the dealer, I went on Saturday but the parts section closed at 12pm so I just said fuck it and decided to use it again(again,again). No obvious issues putting it back im just mad I found the leak lol I’ll put a new one in just to rule it out even if unlikely.

good to know the aftermarket ones leak

cb1111

It’s an oem one from the dealer, I went on Saturday but the parts section closed at 12pm so I just said fuck it and decided to use it again(again,again). No obvious issues putting it back im just mad I found the leak lol I’ll put a new one in just to rule it out even if unlikely.

good to know the aftermarket ones leak
You'll also want to clean the area. I've seen far too many people drain the oil, screw in a new plug and get a leak - only to find out that a piece of debris caused the problem.

cb1111

You won't know till you get them on the car unfortunately. Based on the numbers, it should clear the suspension just fine, but I can't tell if it will clear the brake caliper.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Maybe I need to stick to something from TR that I know will fit...

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Just wondering if anyone with a non-navigation radio in their GTI has noticed the odd time that the display appears zoomed in slightly? On Bluetooth audio you can't even see the right side bit of the screen, and the text is enlarged. But cycling the key a couple of times had it go away. Everything functions fine.

I'm not immediately concerned, but I wanted to hear if it isn't just me.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just wondering if anyone with a non-navigation radio in their GTI has noticed the odd time that the display appears zoomed in slightly? On Bluetooth audio you can't even see the right side bit of the screen, and the text is enlarged. But cycling the key a couple of times had it go away. Everything functions fine.

I'm not immediately concerned, but I wanted to hear if it isn't just me.
I haven't had that happen. 18 SE.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
What socket wrenches do you guys use? All of mine are practically useless...my Cobalt 1/4" is stuck in one direction and my Craftsman 1/4" is too weak to turn anything that requires a little bit of force. Instead of wasting money on another set I was looking at this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8
I went with these two so far for ratchets:
https://www.harborfreight.com/52-piece-socket-set-35338.html
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben-parts/schwaben-46-piece-1-4-drive-set/010747sch01a~sch/