GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
DI engines have fume smelling oil. It’s nothing to be concerned about. I was and sent it to Amsoil for testing and there wasn’t any fuel dilation detected remotely close to cause for alarm territory.
Thanks for the info. I actually came across your thread throughout my search so good to hear it was nothing.

Leo ATX

Car(s)
'21 Mk7.5 GTI
Do aftermarket blow-off valves have any advantage over factory diverter valves? From what I’ve read, the stock diverter valve maintains air pressure in the intake and keeps the turbo spinning for longer.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Do aftermarket blow-off valves have any advantage over factory diverter valves? From what I’ve read, the stock diverter valve maintains air pressure in the intake and keeps the turbo spinning for longer.

None. No benefit. Just sound and worse boost control

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
The 'benefit' of a BOV is purely just the sound. But it will take longer to spool the turbo back up in between shifts

Grey Hare1

Stupid question which I am fairly sure I know the answer to.

2015 GTi with the lighting package. Son pulled up too far in the garage and cracked the headlight lens. Light is still fully functional, all good there. Threw some hot glue over the crack to keep the moisture out for the time being.

So, can I get ONLY the lens? Or just the entire assembly as I expect? Best place to shop for these? Thanks.

View attachment 190994
Go to a windshield repair shop. They can fix that easily for less than a $100.

cb1111

dehydorn

Car(s)
GTI
So My 2015 S didn't come with a back up camera, eventually I am going to upgrade to MB2 and want to add to reversing flip camera.... how do you open the hatch when you have a camera in the logo?