GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Prole

Car(s)
2015 VW GTI
The SE has a leather interior, and the PP has "GTI" written on the front calipers. (If Canada cars are the same as US cars)

Thanks,
Was confused at first cuz the badges were black and red but then I checked calipers and they don't say GTI so I think they just did a badge swap, also the car has the plaid interior but it has the sunroof and fender sound system so I think it's SE with the standard interior

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
The small screen in between the tachometer and speedometer won’t be effected if I replace the infotainment with an aftermarket screen will it? I have mib1 it’s the 5” screen nothing in glove box

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Dont believe the MID will be affected, but not 100%.

You will lose a few functions I believe like TMPS reset that can be only accessed on the head unit - at least on the MIB2.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Anyone have issues with their AP not turning on with their car (even though the setting is set to Auto On/Off)? I end up having to unplug/replug back in every time I get in the car.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
What are these spots? They are flush with the surfaces of the fog light “grille” and actually seem to be under the factory sealant, but they are clearly bleached out. In any case they are smooth to the touch. Is there any fix outside of replacement?

CF7809F7-CF82-4492-B2E4-500C1084B4F4.jpeg

5160E269-0C66-4FDE-94AA-286D2CD12EE2.jpeg

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
in the order I would try:

Back to Black or equiv
Turtle Ice wax
Black Sharpie
Meds

they really make me think chips/stress cracks. I've seen similar in black plastic
They seem like some kind of fluid discoloration. They’re very smooth and not raised or recessed at all.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I had those spots when i let my trim restorer sit for too long and it dried out. They are still there and I can't get them off. I've pulled the pieces off and soaked them in degreaser, tried to use trim restorer to "rehydrate" it and remove it, tried wd40, brake cleaner, car wash soap, pressure washer, scrub brush, you name it.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I
I had those spots when i let my trim restorer sit for too long and it dried out. They are still there and I can't get them off. I've pulled the pieces off and soaked them in degreaser, tried to use trim restorer to "rehydrate" it and remove it, tried wd40, brake cleaner, car wash soap, pressure washer, scrub brush, you name it.
Had the car for 20K of its 28K life. I’ve put wax, sealant or some kind of hybrid wax in that area but never trim stuff. I kind of ignore that area tbh. Only thing I can think of is that I moved recently and neighborhood cats tend to spray the front of my car a lot. There’s a mini turf war for my bumper out there. Wonder if that’s what it is? Seems like a stretch though.

Adamkhan2426

Car(s)
Mk7 golf 1.4tsi
Hi guys just to clarify when swapping my standard bumper to the r bumper will all the fitments ie screw holes ect be the same ? Only doing this bc I like the look btw thanks

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Anyone have issues with their AP not turning on with their car (even though the setting is set to Auto On/Off)? I end up having to unplug/replug back in every time I get in the car.
Verify you're on the latest firmware, then check your contacts on the plugs. Some people have reported corrosion on the obd port.