GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

h20534

Got some Helix headlights for my 2016 Mk7 with halogens:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLKSWAGEN...GHTS-W-LED-DRL-LED-TURN-SIGNALS-/193588296157

Forgot that it didn't come with low beams. I know I can just take my Halogens and put them in the new ones but...bleh. Can someone link me to some LED bulbs or a kit that'll work with those Helix headlights? I'm a total noob at this stuff, and researching on my own just makes me more confused.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Got some Helix headlights for my 2016 Mk7 with halogens:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLKSWAGEN...GHTS-W-LED-DRL-LED-TURN-SIGNALS-/193588296157

Forgot that it didn't come with low beams. I know I can just take my Halogens and put them in the new ones but...bleh. Can someone link me to some LED bulbs or a kit that'll work with those Helix headlights? I'm a total noob at this stuff, and researching on my own just makes me more confused.

I asked before and I know my DeAuto LEDs won’t work in these lights unfortunately.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Interesting, I wonder why?

I ordered these, figured they should work. Just H7 LEDs, supposedly plug and play. My H7 Halogens fit into the helix and worked fine, so I'm assuming these should too. Guess I'll report back either way.

yeah please let me know what you end up with

arvsingh

Car(s)
2016 VW Golf TSI 1.8
Hey, I'm looking to buy an OBDeleven but I'm wondering if it's worth it for the 2016 golf 1.8 tsi. I just recently got a stage 1 in it and doing some minor upgrades but what are your thoughts? I want to do a couple of things for sure but anyone do anything with their 1.8 with the obdeleven?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Hey, I'm looking to buy an OBDeleven but I'm wondering if it's worth it for the 2016 golf 1.8 tsi. I just recently got a stage 1 in it and doing some minor upgrades but what are your thoughts? I want to do a couple of things for sure but anyone do anything with their 1.8 with the obdeleven?
you can do the same stuff all of us do....it would be worth it to me but I like tools.

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Dumb question,
but I was wondering if you could run Water Meth injection + an MPI kit, or no? I was just wondering if it was possible or if I had to choose one or another. (Pretty sure I can only run one.)

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
Seriously considering getting coils for my Alltrack in the near future, around 10K miles (currently at ~8300 but I'm racking up the miles pretty quickly). I've done some reading and seen that the general consensus is to replace the front strut mounts at the same time, and the 034Motorsport replacements seem to be generally recommended (even though quite a few of their other products aren't recommended due to quality issues?).

Regardless, my main questions are:
Should I replace front upper strut mounts at 10K? I feel like the answer will be "probably, since I'll be in there anyways," based on what I've read so far.
Should I replace bearings, also considering my mileage? If so, which ones are recommended?
What about rear upper shock mounts? I know there are aftermarket alternatives out there but I rarely see that it's recommended to replace them, at least relative to the fronts. Do they just see less wear?
I don't need to worry about bushings this early, right?

Thanks.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
what I think is an interesting stupid question: there is that patent floating around from VW and the italian tune-up. What exactly is the point of the patent? It's not like a new way to make intermittent wipers or anything they can say no one else can do this.

curious

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
what I think is an interesting stupid question: there is that patent floating around from VW and the italian tune-up. What exactly is the point of the patent? It's not like a new way to make intermittent wipers or anything they can say no one else can do this.

curious

Where did you see that?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG