GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Why the hell is another white VW driving around in my smallish town with my exact custom front license?

My wife calls me and is like "WTF are you doing driving up behind me.?!? Our infant is in bed. Did you wake her up? Wait... That's a Tiguan. With your Greta plate..."

Meanwhile I go check and my kid is still in her crib, and my license is still on the car. Whew... Weird. 🤔

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
Replaced the motor mount, the small hole In the body visible near the right front side of the mount(looking at this picture) was not visible with the stock mount kinda weird, not too worried about it, but anybody else notice this with cts mounts? Think I should cover it with tape or something?

I replaced the trans mount with the BFI one, and then ordered this one cause if I hate it, it’s easier to replace. But then I got it and I realized why people shit talk the quality lol also I’m hard pressed to notice a difference while driving

Attachments

• F1BCED14-A7E4-462F-8D44-41F774804401.jpeg
    F1BCED14-A7E4-462F-8D44-41F774804401.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 118

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Replaced the motor mount, the small hole In the body visible near the right front side of the mount(looking at this picture) was not visible with the stock mount kinda weird, not too worried about it, but anybody else notice this with cts mounts? Think I should cover it with tape or something?

I replaced the trans mount with the BFI one, and then ordered this one cause if I hate it, it’s easier to replace. But then I got it and I realized why people shit talk the quality lol also I’m hard pressed to notice a difference while driving
as long as the mount is properly secure and tightened to spec, nothing to worry about, not worth the use of any tape

ToddMS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI SE
At the dealership we see several VW parts come in for the Porsche parts. Sometimes even the same part number and somehow from Porsche’s warehouse is cheaper.

gtg223x

Passed Driver's Ed
Coolant leak question -
I've been learning so much about true mechanics since I've always been in fabricating (see attached) And now I need to deal with the white crusty in the engine bay.

There is splatter all around coolant housing with no discernable pattern. THEN there is a little near the radiator on the passenger side. I've cleaned up all the spots to see where new spots develop. Note that I haven't been losing any noticeable amounts of coolant.

Is there any better way of identifying leaks? Will ruining the engine show a leak?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1593870949387.jpg
    FB_IMG_1593870949387.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 99

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Any thoughts on how accurate the "torque at clutch" gauge is on the Cobb AP? I have EQT stage 1 and it seem to hit just over 400 which I figure would be about 340 at the wheels.