GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
back on track with random/stupid questions.

I have REVERSE fender screw mod-ish issues.....only on rear tires (18x18.5 245/40/18) right where body meets the bumper seam.......to my knowledge and initial looking....no fender screw there.

Anyone have this issue?

4C6F27B2-98F6-490F-8C92-DB9C04A6B5B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Car(s)
2019 GTI MK7.5 Rabbi
Guys what's the total price on a stage 2 APR tune from stock or JB4? Can't find a way to add it up on the site goapr.com.

This would be with all the crap they want you to have with it like DP and... CAI.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Guys what's the total price on a stage 2 APR tune from stock or JB4? Can't find a way to add it up on the site goapr.com.

This would be with all the crap they want you to have with it like DP and... CAI.

$750 dp
$700 tune
$460 intake
-------------
$1,910+

TBH it's too much, especially if they require a CAI. My guess is the shop you take it to will charge their own fee for labor as well. Instead of wasting money on an intake use it on an intercooler or mounts. Or more importantly, tires if you don't have decent ones yet.

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

I went with a unitronic flash tune and I regret it. I love the tune but I want more power now and in the future. Cobb is a bit more expensive at first but worth it in the end. I regret not taking the advice from all the other forum members who said this before I bought. And flash tunes are non returnable. At least with a cobb, if you wanted to you could sell the AP and get most of your money back

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
For his route the AP3 probably wouldn't be any more expensive. I got my protune + ap3 for like $900, then the downpipe for $500. So that's $500 cheaper than what APR wants. Instead of a CAI just get a drop-in filter

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
For his route the AP3 probably wouldn't be any more expensive. I got my protune + ap3 for like $900, then the downpipe for $500. So that's $500 cheaper than what APR wants. Instead of a CAI just get a drop-in filter
Depends if the homie is DSG or not. Tack on a couple hundo for the TCU tune as well. But youre right, it is still cheaper honestly. Used AP's are for sale almost all the time on the classifieds

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I went with a unitronic flash tune and I regret it. I love the tune but I want more power now and in the future. Cobb is a bit more expensive at first but worth it in the end. I regret not taking the advice from all the other forum members who said this before I bought. And flash tunes are non returnable. At least with a cobb, if you wanted to you could sell the AP and get most of your money back
I'm there with you. It was great for the first year and I still really enjoy it, but in retrospect, I should have gone with EQT.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Depends if the homie is DSG or not. Tack on a couple hundo for the TCU tune as well. But youre right, it is still cheaper honestly. Used AP's are for sale almost all the time on the classifieds
If you're current or ex military, you can get an AP direct from Cobb for the same price as a used one too. They have a great military discount.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Just came over from Mini world - first GTI and I'm having a ball...
LOVE threads like this so we can ask the questions and not get reamed.
Convenience windows not available in the US - seriously? That's what dealer said when I took it in and tech didn't know how to program it in?
He said he didn't know which bank to change since it was a different layout?
That legit?
thnx- newbie
you can buy an obdeleven and program it yourself. I have the codes (if your talking about using the key fob to turn down windows)

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Do new shoes fuck with your shifting?