GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Elwood

3-7-77
So i tried searching and posting in a regular thread but got nothing.
I have a 2015 GTI SE with PP and recently got a OBD11. After scanning it threw Fault Code C111204 - Haldex Clutch Pump, Status: Intermittent.

Should I just go ahead and replace the pump?
Is there a way to easily test it?
Is there something I should be feeling?
Only had the car for ~6 months so likely has been an issue the entire time, so probably wouldnt know what to compare it to.

Just clear it and see if comes back. It may have happened a long time ago.

qomn

Passed Driver's Ed
I've gotten to inspection time! My question is, do I need to do anything special to flash back to stock from EQT stage 2? Or is it as simple as plugging back in and choosing the stock map (not sure what it's actually called, not in my car at the moment to check). After that, I need to drive for like 70 miles and then check for readiness and if that's good I should pass? Hoping my O2 spacer works..

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I've gotten to inspection time! My question is, do I need to do anything special to flash back to stock from EQT stage 2? Or is it as simple as plugging back in and choosing the stock map (not sure what it's actually called, not in my car at the moment to check). After that, I need to drive for like 70 miles and then check for readiness and if that's good I should pass? Hoping my O2 spacer works..
If you have an ap3 you can use it to check smog readiness and scan for CEL codes. I didn't have to do anything to pass smog other than installing the spacer and clearing the CEL codes. But NV doesn't use a sniffer, does MA?

qomn

Passed Driver's Ed
Right, so any input on some random number of miles driving and is flashing to cobb stage 0 fine? I also posted on EQT facebook page and someone said if AP diagnostics says 'ready' for all things then I should actually be good to get inspected now, is that true? I thought O2 was disabled and that's why I had to go stage 0.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Right, so any input on some random number of miles driving and is flashing to cobb stage 0 fine? I also posted on EQT facebook page and someone said if AP diagnostics says 'ready' for all things then I should actually be good to get inspected now, is that true? I thought O2 was disabled and that's why I had to go stage 0.
O2 is only disabled if they disable it in the tune. The AP will show "not ready" or something similar if the tune has it disabled. My custom Stage 2 tune with spacer has it enabled and passes emissions with the spacer I have.

qomn

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay that's actually great news. I have OTS EQT stage 2 and my catalyst and O2 sensors are saying "ready" under diagnostics. Scan for codes also comes up clean. So it sounds like I'm actually good to go.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
If there's a visual inspection like shovel said then it doesn't matter anyways since you're going to need to reinstall the stock downpipe to pass, which means you'll want to go back to stock tune or stage 1.

Unless of course they somehow miss the aftermarket downpipe/exhaust

gtg223x

Passed Driver's Ed
This i will do in T minus 1hr 15 mins (quitting time!). Wonder about testing it as I'm not sure i can get it up on 3 wheels easily :oops:. Looks like i should not be spinning my passenger side tire only and should get more dual tire burnouts, which i have definitely not experienced.

No luck using the recommended instructions in the link. Tried resetting, rerunning, resetting, driving then rerunning. I did two hard pushes and it felt like both tires spun but it may be placebo effect.

Now ill order the fluid service kit.