GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
2017? Battery is toast. You got more life out of the stocker than a lot of us did. Lots of threads about better replacements.

I ordered and received an AGM battery from Advance in less than an hour. Installed it in less than 5 mins (I feel smart) and after a few initial codes, it seems like it will work. Thanks for the help.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It's a 2017, 34k miles. I got it started by leaving the JNC on it for 15 mins or so.

This morning it tried to turn over but was dead again. I may need to jump itt again and leave it running for a little longer. Is there anything I might be missing that could be draining the battery?

Like everyone is saying the battery is probably toast. But when trying to recharge it after getting it started you need to drive it for an hour. It won't charge much sitting there idling.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

MtnRiverCruiser

Car(s)
Mk7 Gti Manual
Hey guys, I am a former owner of a mk5 gti manual transmission and I had so much fun with that car I want another gti I have decided. I am looking at getting a 2016 mk7 gti 4 door manual transmission with 145k on it and Im wondering if anyone thinks that is too high of mileage to put the APR Stage 1 tune on it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hey guys, I am a former owner of a mk5 gti manual transmission and I had so much fun with that car I want another gti I have decided. I am looking at getting a 2016 mk7 gti 4 door manual transmission with 145k on it and Im wondering if anyone thinks that is too high of mileage to put the APR Stage 1 tune on it.

Welcome to the forum. It's not too high of mileage but it depends on how it was maintained. I would look for something with far fewer miles and I would tune with Cobb instead.

MtnRiverCruiser

Car(s)
Mk7 Gti Manual
Welcome to the forum. It's not too high of mileage but it depends on how it was maintained. I would look for something with far fewer miles and I would tune with Cobb instead.
This car was leased to someone for the entirety of its ownership and there is recorded maintenance but hard to know how they drove it or took care of it. I was considering going with a 2011 4 dr 6mt with 92k for the same price.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
This car was leased to someone for the entirety of its ownership and there is recorded maintenance but hard to know how they drove it or took care of it. I was considering going with a 2011 4 dr 6mt with 92k for the same price.
Personal preference, but I'd take newer with high mileage over older low mileage. Age and electrical issues will kill a modern car before mileage in most cases.