GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I am impressed by how VW does gauges dark w/o headlights on....it does a good job at preventing the DRL only failure.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The number of morons I see driving around at dusk with no lights on in dark colored cars is staggering. Had they had DRLs it wouldn't be an issue.

Actually the opposite as here in the UK we have had them a few years and they are only on the front of the car unless coded for rears only. So these morons are driving around with DRL's on and no rear lights at all. Same with in fog as they do not have the common sense to turn the lights on.

darn

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE (DSG)
Are there other ways than visual to see if I have PP on my 2017 GTI SE? The front brakes are large and have the GTI logo, the rear badge is red, but the front badge is silver. From what I've read large breaks and red badges are indicative of the performance pack. What does 2 out of 3 mean?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Well, someone either swapped the badge or factory messed up. Or it was a minor wreck they didn't take to insurance. If it bugs you buy the red badge and replace it. It pops out of the grill but you have to remove the grill to access the clips on the back of it.
Someone for sure did this. Probably got a front bumper cover from a junkyard or something.

blackmk716

So I've had my 2016 mk7 6 speed mt for about 7 months and I want to start making more power out of it, but i'm aware the stock transmission really isn't great and I'm wondering how much power i could push out of it before having to fully rebuild the transmission. I've done a muffler delete and an ecs turbo inlet pipe and really want to get into modding the car pretty heavily

Attachments

• GTI.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 87

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So I've had my 2016 mk7 6 speed mt for about 7 months and I want to start making more power out of it, but i'm aware the stock transmission really isn't great and I'm wondering how much power i could push out of it before having to fully rebuild the transmission. I've done a muffler delete and an ecs turbo inlet pipe and really want to get into modding the car pretty heavily

It's not so much the trans itself it's the clutch. If transmission type doesn't matter to you I would get the DSG.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
I opened a 5 liter jug of oil and used about 1/3 of it on my last oil change. It has been closed and left unbothered in the garage over the winter.... Does oil have a shelf life once opened or good to use it again in the summer?

Elwood

3-7-77
I opened a 5 liter jug of oil and used about 1/3 of it on my last oil change. It has been closed and left unbothered in the garage over the winter.... Does oil have a shelf life once opened or good to use it again in the summer?
No shelf life - you're good. You should have used most, if not all, of that jug when you changed the oil though.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What the crap?
I came back to the car after working out, started the car up, and the display looks like 720dpi and not centered....wtf?
IMG_3068.jpg