GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
The tranny fluid change interval on my wife's AWD escape is 150k. The rear diff?...NONE.

Yeah....no. Sounds like pre-programmed failure.
Well it is a ford so...... the life expectancy is kind of short from the factory. Lmao.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
What's interesting is that it's at 90k now. Other than some recalls and a rear door that wouldn't open at like 20k needing a door panel replacement it has had zero issues. For a supposedly unreliable turd it's been rock solid. First year model too (2013)! We have THREE first year model cars in our house. Masochist much? lol.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
What's interesting is that it's at 90k now. Other than some recalls and a rear door that wouldn't open at like 20k needing a door panel replacement it has had zero issues. For a supposedly unreliable turd it's been rock solid. First year model too (2013)! We have THREE first year model cars in our house. Masochist much? lol.
My girlfriend never got the shifter cable bushing recall done on her Fusion and it bit us in the ass while we were rushing around for last minute stuff for new years eve party. Backed the car into the parking spot and threw it in park, took my foot off the brake and the car kept going backwards even though it had every indicator telling me it was in park. Put the parking brake on and shifted the trans under the hood into park. That was a fun afternoon. It was then that I found out Target does not carry zip ties and I was reminded why I never shop at Target. I bought some picture wire and tied the cable to the trans to get it through til I had time to replace the bushing. She was lucky I was there because if that happened to her driving to work she would have not known what to do

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Does anyone know if the VW heavy duty trunk mat fits properly in the floors lowered position?
This is the mat I'm talking about, the one that comes with blocks:

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I bought one used off craigslist which didn't come with the blocks. I have a cargo net anyways which I find pretty handy

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
so the other day (cold in the teens) I had to redo my auto up windows. It MAY be cranking a bit slower.....early battery failure?

2 1/2 yrs